Please include a transcript with your application by attaching it with your resume or cover letter.
ESG Integration Summer Associate
As an active manager, Dodge & Cox’s seeks investment opportunities with the potential to create long-term value for our clients and Fund shareholders. Through fundamental research, we evaluate many factors of a company or issuer— including environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors—to determine whether they could materially impact the success of our investments. We view ESG factors as financially material when they are likely to affect a company’s fundamentals or an issuer’s ability to fulfill its debt obligations. We believe this integrated approach helps us assess the full array of risks and opportunities of a particular investment.
Role of the Summer Associate
This internship is a ten-week opportunity for rising seniors where the ESG Integration Associate will work alongside our ESG Integration Analyst to help advance our ESG research initiatives.
Primary responsibilities vary, but will likely include:
- Preparing and analyzing ESG-related portfolio and market reports
- Developing tools and frameworks to help our analysts evaluate relevant ESG metrics for specific companies and industries
- Conducting in-depth research on relevant ESG topics
- Engaging with company management teams, sell-side analysts, and data providers as requested for ESG-related meetings
- Creating investment- and client-related presentation materials
- Evaluating ESG industry developments, including analysis of peers
Dodge & Cox targets candidates with high levels of academic and professional achievement and leadership ability.
- An excellent academic record with coursework in Finance, Economics, ESG Investing and/or ESG-related topics a plus
- Ability to work well on a team and independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong quantitative skills, including data analysis, statistics, and visualization
- Strong digital literacy, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated curiosity and knowledge about ESG-related topics, financial markets, and investment management
The monthly compensation for this position is $6,500.
The job description above is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. It is the Company’s policy to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, ancestry, national origin, disability, or medical condition, as defined in state and federal laws. This policy covers all aspects of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, demotion, and termination. By applying for a position with Dodge & Cox, you acknowledge that you have read our EEO Policy
All Dodge & Cox employees must adhere to the Firm’s security policies and Code of Ethics. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.