2024 Global Sustainable Finance Summer Fellowship
Morgan Stanley's Institute for Sustainable Investing, launched in November 2013, seeks to advance market-based solutions to economic, social and environmental challenges, operating from the foundational principle that sustainable investment can only achieve significant scale by attracting a broad range of private sector capital. The Institute supports and engages in product development, thought leadership, strategic partnerships and capacity building to advance sustainability globally. For further information about the Institute, please visit www.morganstanley.com/sustainableinvesting .
Sustainable Investing Fellowship
There is a need to accelerate progress on global sustainability challenges. The next generation of leaders that will identify scalable finance solutions to sustainability challenges will be required to navigate the complexity of capital markets and work with a wide range of stakeholder interests. Leadership and capital are required to meet these challenges head-on. With its world-class platform for advising, originating, trading, managing and distributing capital, Morgan Stanley is partnering with Columbia Business School, a global leader in business education, to offer a number of Sustainable Investing Fellowships. The Fellowships will offer a select group of students the opportunity to conduct research and assist with complex, innovative financing, and risk management transactions that seek to drive capital toward investments that promote sustainable economic growth.
Placement and Duration
Fellows will join Morgan Stanley as Summer Associates. Through a matching process based on individual interests, skill set and firm needs, Fellows will be placed into teams across various businesses that may include but are not limited to Global Sustainable Finance, Investment Management, or Wealth Management. Opportunities are available in our New York City office, and may also be available in our other regional offices.
Role And Responsibilities
Summer Associate positions will vary depending on which team Fellows join and may include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting strategic business analysis and detailed industry research
- Building complex financial models
- Preparing and delivering client presentations in a clear and compelling manner, and providing clients with valuable updates on market news or trends
- Gathering and analyzing emerging trends in an industry
- Executing initiatives that support firm-wide initiatives on sustainable investing
Training opportunities for the summer will depend on summer placement.
Qualifications / Skills / Requirements
- Enrolled graduate program with a strong, applicable, academic background (includes Full-time, Executive MBA and PhD candidates as well as those in their final year of study).
- Strong quantitative, analytical, written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated strong interest in sustainable investing, with an interest to integrate environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into finance and investment models
- Keen interest in the financial markets with a research instinct and creative problem-solving abilities
- Intellectually curious, focused and possessing an entrepreneurial spirit. '
Expected base pay rate for the role will be $125,000 USD per year at the commencement of employment. However, base pay is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include discretionary bonuses and other Morgan Stanley sponsored benefit programs.