Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 7th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 160,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
Overview Of The Department/Section
EMEA Capital Markets advises large clients on their funding needs and strategies, with a view to winning active financing mandates for MUFG and executing transactions - primarily in the form of bonds, US Private Placements, loans and related products, and to a lesser extent equity(-linked) products.
Within this, the DCM Origination team is specifically focused on marketing MUFG’s capabilities to lead senior, hybrid and ESG bonds as well as liability management transactions and USPPs for our Corporate, FI and EM clients.
We also seek to leverage our relationships and client dialogue to secure primary loan business - in particular acquisition or event financing - and derivatives revenues
More broadly, we seek to enhance the perception of MUFG amongst our clients via our activities.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Prepare client pricing updates, research / analysis of market developments, cross product presentations and other marketing materials in support of MUFG’s efforts to win primary business from our clients
- Work with colleagues in Capital Markets including the Hybrid/LM, Sustainable Financing, Syndicate, Loan Origination, USPP and other geographical coverage teams; as well as with Coverage RMs, Corporate Finance Advisory, DSG and a range of other teams across the MUFG network
- Develop communication and client coverage skills for use in internal meetings and dialogue with clients
- Help to update / maintain the database of recent bond market issuance and common pitch materials for use across the team, as well as credentials and other key materials
- Prepare tailored client material with a view to differentiating MUFG’s advice and positioning with clients
- Efficiently manage deal execution processes including documentation / due diligence / legal as well as the commercial aspects
- Co-operate with other parts of MUFG to secure business and enhance our client footprint
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with internal and external network (e.g. colleagues, partner banks, legal counsel and other counterparties) in support of MUFG’s objectives
- Become actively involved in employee networks / CSR, and networking / peer level recruitment
- Conduct business in line with regulatory requirements including Volcker, EMIR and MIFID regulations as well as conduct risk principles (notably by advising clients in their best interests and explaining risks clearly to our clients / providing clients with all the information they need to make informed decisions)
- In all activities, protect and enhance the firm’s and the Group’s reputation
- 6 to 12 months+ experience in Capital Markets, Corporate Finance, client coverage or a similar department at a credible banking institution
- Experience in IG corporate capital markets (ideally including UK / Switzerland) or fixed income syndicate
Skills And Experience
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Understanding of primary markets, bond pricing and basic macro-economic fundamentals
- Ability to use a swap pricing model; understanding of hybrids, LM, USPPs, Sustainable Financing, loan / project financing
Education / Qualifications:
- Bachelor/Master Degree in any discipline, or equivalent qualifications
- Degree in finance, economics or similar field; CFA or similar qualification
- Excellent communication / interpersonal skills
- Strong numerical skills
- Proficiency in key Microsoft Office programmes (Excel, Powerpoint)
- A proactive, motivated approach, with a sense of accountability and good attention to detail / accuracy
- A structured approach to work, the ability to manage complex workloads to tight deadlines (including prioritising work load effectively, with guidance from more senior colleagues as required) and to operate with urgency when needed
- A calm manner, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.