Address: USA-MA-Quincy-1385 Hancock Street
Store Code: Office of CEO (5113431)
A great career opportunity
Ahold Delhaize USA, a division of Netherlands-based Ahold Delhaize, is the parent company for Ahold Delhaize's U.S. companies, including its local brands, Food Lion, Giant Food, The GIANT Company, Hannaford and Stop & Shop, and the U.S. services companies, Retail Business Services, Peapod Digital Labs and ADUSA Supply Chain. When considered together, the local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA comprise the largest grocery retail group on the East Coast and the fourth largest grocery retail group in the nation, operating more than 2,000 stores and distribution centers across more than 20 states and serving millions of customers each week through a uniquely local omnichannel experience. The Ahold Delhaize USA company team includes just over 100 associates across all East Coast office locations.
The ESG Finance team is responsible for ESG reporting for key KPIs that are
- publicly reported and monitored,
- financial in nature
- externally audited and
- coordinated in conjunction with GSO BPP and/or A&R.
Further activities would include forecasting and phasing of ESG-related measures, building the monthly management reporting package, providing financial analytical support to ESG-related investments, and providing financial expertise to the ADUSA H&S team, brand H&S teams, and other functions related to ESG-related projects (i.e., Race to Zero, etc.)
- Support financial and business planning expertise to support enterprise-wide ESG initiatives. Bring financial perspective to detailing roadmaps to deliver against public ESG goals, focused on capital planning (e.g. Race to Zero) and commercial planning (e.g. Sales, COGS, Shrink).
- Analyze financial fluctuations and circumstances impacting ESG performance e.g., inflation, currency exchange, and market pricing.
- Support the teams to build necessary financial plans to deliver ESG performance areas and forecast ESG performance throughout the year, along with financial fluctuations of the business.
- Frequently collaborate with the H&S team on all ESG reporting and analytics matters.
- Collaborate with Risks & Controls for ESG KPIs validation
- Develop and maintain monthly and quarterly ESG reporting materials for Business Reviews and support preparations for Executive Committee and Supervisory Board submissions and reviews
- Create and maintain monthly and quarterly ESG reporting materials for Business Reviews
- Stay abreast of changing financial regulations, compliance, etc., and support the development of appropriate actions to ensure we stay in compliance e.g. EU Taxonomy, Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures
- Maintain internal partnerships with key stakeholders
- Execute expectations for the role and support team deliverables
- Exposure to ESG-related analysis and reporting is desired
- Experience in creating and or working with auditable controls and processes to create reasonable assurance is desired
- Ability to influence all levels within the company
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, or another related field is desired
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are mandatory
- A minimum of 2-5 years of work experience is desired
At Ahold Delhaize USA, we embrace and celebrate diversity. Our employees and prospective employees are treated with fairness, respect and dignity. We provide an equal opportunity workplace committed to hiring, training, compensating, and promoting persons based on their talents and abilities and without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, family status, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.