StepStone is currently seeking candidates with excellent quantitative, qualitative, organizational, and interpersonal skills for a Analyst position on StepStone’s Responsible Investment Team. The position will work closely with members of the Responsible Investment team to drive strategic initiatives and projects that further ESG integration across StepStone’s platform as well as a range of corporate projects. These projects include monitoring and reporting systems projects; client engagement; GP advocacy; emissions reductions projects for the corporate; firm level reporting.
The Analyst is expected to have a strong understanding of ESG, excellent project management, presentation and writing skills, and a demonstrable interest in the private markets. A prior understand of the workings of private markets and their investment vehicles is viewed as a positive.
StepStone prides itself on the Firm’s collegial atmosphere and a collaborative approach to accomplishing projects. The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree and 2 to 5 years of sustainability, project management, private equity, consulting, or other relevant experience, and a demonstrated interest in ESG. The Analyst will adhere to the highest ethical standards, as well as demonstrate maturity, reliability, and attentiveness to detail.
Essential Job Functions:
Work closely with members of Responsible Investment team, to develop and implement various programs to support the Firm’s ESG initiatives. The range of initiatives is varied and the skill set required to support these projects requires:
- Comprehensive understanding of ESG issues and trends
- Awareness of regulation related to ESG
- Meticulous attention to detail; strong organizational and project management skills and the ability to multi-task and manage time across multiple projects/deadlines in a detail-oriented environment
- Excellent analytical skills, including comfort working with large data sets. Familiarity with Database management systems including PowerBI viewed as a positive
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills. Ability to synthesize reports/data and generate word and or power point presentations to a high standard
The type of person this role suits is as follows:
- Highly motivated self-starter, with demonstrated history of taking initiative
- Passion for making a difference and driving positive social and environmental
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small, tightly knit team
- Strong networking skills and cultural awareness to cultivate relationships with stakeholders across levels and functional groups in large global environment spanning multiple time-zones
- Flexibility in working hours to accommodate multiple timezones
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Studies, Political Science, International Relations, Communications, Economics, Business; SASB FSA credential and/or PMP certification a plus
- At least two years of relevant experience required, 3-5 years preferred ; Experience in ESG or corporate sustainability preferred
- Working knowledge of key ESG issues (climate change, diversity, human rights, etc.) and leading ESG and impact frameworks (UN PRI, TCFD, SASB, UN SDGs, IMP, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce. Capability in PowerBI viewed as a positive.
NY Salary Range: $95,000-115,000