ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a bank holding company and leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals.Overview Of Gs Asset Management And Private Credit
Goldman Sachs Asset Management invests in real estate equity and debt, corporate equity and debt, growth equity and infrastructure worldwide. Consisting of over 900 professionals in 25 offices in 15 countries, our business operates on a global platform and we are one of the largest managers of private capital globally.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management is one of the world’s largest alternative credit investing platforms with c$60bn of AUM and investment professionals based in the US, Europe, Asia and Australia. On the private side, Credit originates investments across senior secured loans, mezzanine/holding company debt, convertibles, preferred equity and opportunistic credit. On the public side, through the Multi-Strategy Investing (MSI) platform, AM Credit brings a value-oriented investing mindset to investing across the capital structure in public companies and as well participating in opportunistic private transactions.
The Private Credit business within Asset Management comprises over c$60bn of AUM across direct lending, mezzanine, hybrid capital and structured credit investing strategies. The investing team, which includes over 180 professionals around the world, is responsible for originating, executing, monitoring and ultimately harvesting credit investments across the risk spectrum, with commitment sizes ranging from $50 million to $1+ billion. The business invests both 3rd party and well as proprietary Goldman Sachs capital.Role Description
AM Private Credit is currently seeking Analysts/Associates to specialize in asset management across our large, diverse and dynamic portfolio. Team members will play an integral role in ongoing portfolio company monitoring, which is a critical element of the investing process, as well as portfolio management. Team members will be aligned by Private Credit strategy. Responsibilities will include to:
This position description is intended to describe the duties most frequently performed by an individual in this position. It is not intended to be a complete list of assigned duties but to describe a position level. The
role shall be performed within a professional office environment. Goldman Sachs has health and safety polices that are available for all workers upon request. There are no specific health risks associate with the role.
- Produce and present periodic portfolio company monitoring, including but not limited to company performance, comparison of actual results to company projections and the GS Private Credit underwriting case, ESG metrics and key company developments, particularly those with implications for investment performance
- Maintain portfolio company models as part of the asset management process
- Track company compliance with financial covenants
- Participate in portfolio company meetings with management teams and reflect key insights in updates to investment outlook
- Prepare and maintain portfolio analytics for portfolio management purposes
- Participate in strategic projects regarding portfolio management, portfolio monitoring and performance tracking
About Goldman Sachs
- Strong academic background with an MBA or Chartered Accountant or equivalent
- Minimum of 1-4 years of relevant experience
- Accounting knowledge, valuation and financial modeling aptitude (required)
- Solid analytical / logical mindset and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project planning, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer