Division : MI SRI Investing
IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada's leading diversified wealth and asset management companies with approximately $271 billion in total assets under managements. The company provides a broad range of financial planning and investment management services to help more than two million Canadians meet their financial goals. Its activities are carried out principally through IG Wealth Management and Mackenzie Investments
Under IGM Financialâs unique business model based on leading brands and multi-channel distribution strategy is Mackenzie Investments, founded in 1967 . Mackenzie Investments is a holistic asset-management partner for thousands of Canadian financial advisors and the investors they support .
At Mackenzie Investments You Can Build Your Career with Confidence .
We have a vision and a strategy that will challenge the way business in this industry is done and help Canadians be successful in the ways that mean the most to them. As part of our team, you will do some of your best work, develop some of your most valuable skills and give back in ways that make a difference in the lives of Canadians . We are proud to be recognized as one of Canadaâs Top Employers by Mediacorp Canada Inc. for empowering our employees with the tools to thrive while working remotely, while also providing resources to ensure physical and mental wellness were put front and centre .
Join an unstoppable team that is embedded in continuous learning, understanding, and knowledge sharing. You will thrive in our supportive environment where you can indulge your curiosity to learn, while receiving the feedback you need to refine your skills and abilities. We are dedicated to offering a hybrid work environment when applicable.
Mackenzie Investments is a diverse workplace committed to doing business inclusively - this starts with having a representative workforce! We encourage applications from all qualified candidates that represent the diversity present across Canada â including racialized persons, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ community, gender diverse and neurodiverse individuals, as well as all who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Sustainable Investing is a strategic focus for Mackenzie. The Sustainability team is a Centre of Excellence that enables a range of innovative sustainable investment products, solutions, and services. This range covers the spectrum of sustainable strategies including ESG integration, screening, best in class strategies, thematic and impact investing. In addition, this team provides ESG expertise to develop and align firm-wide perspectives, supports investments teams to uniquely leverage ESG insights through integration and active ownership, and to reinforce Mackenzieâs commitment to sustainability to clients, advisors, and communities.
The Sustainability team is currently recruiting for AVP, Sustainability Research, Insights, and Disclosures to lead the development and dissemination of thematic research, as well as reporting, disclosure and oversight related to ESG or sustainability, be a consultant to and support investment teams with their unique approaches to ESG integration, and work alongside the head of sustainability to develop the COE strategy and other capabilities. This role will support Mackenzieâs ambition to be a leading asset manager in sustainability through its transparent practices and diverse range of sustainable investment strategies. This role reports to the SVP, Sustainability and Marketing, and interacts with the most senior levels of colleagues across Mackenzie, including investment teams and the executive committee.
- Lead and develop a team of sustainability experts to realize their own as well as Mackenzieâs sustainability aspirations
- Ensure effective and accurate operationalization of sustainability and sustainable investing across Mackenzie through collaboration, and effective policies, reporting, and oversight
- Lead firmwide thematic strategy development and implementation by uncovering, communicating, and actioning the most relevant sustainability risks across Mackenzieâs portfolios, this includes Mackenzieâs climate action plan.
- Provide tailored insights and best practices through advice and consultation across investment teams. Support the implementation and enhance materiality views that enable a focus on most relevant ESG issues for a particular investment portfolio
- Translate the impact of the evolving global sustainability-related practices and standards to Mackenzie, its mutual funds and ETFs as well as the impact to its underlying investees or holdings
- Strategically plan and support the implementation of sustainability-related disclosure and reporting to enhance transparency, Mackenzie-wide and fund level disclosures
- Partner with Investment Management, Legal & Compliance, Product, Funds Operations and Marketing to ensure Mackenzieâs relevant policies and practices adhere to standards
- Represent Mackenzie at industry related forums and events to share and learn best practices
- Produce thought leadership and provide effective education, both internally and externally
- Provide coaching and mentoring to ESG analysts across the organization
The Ideal Candidate Will
- Bring at least 10+ years of relevant experience and passion for sustainability
- CFA, CPA, or MBA is a must
- Proven people leader with experience building and managing a high performing team
- Strong investment knowledge of sustainable investing space, capital markets and asset management
- Strong influencing, communication, and stakeholder management skills
- Advanced knowledge of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) factors
- Comfortable working in autonomy with a builder mindset
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proven organizational skills
- Effectively work cross-functionally
- Bilingualism (English and French) is considered an asset
- Strong understanding of how global markets and investors are integrating ESG data and materiality frameworks such as the SASB standards
- Good understanding of ESG disclosure standards and frameworks such as TCFD, CDP, UNPRI, UN SDGs and EU SFDR
Values and Personal Attributes
- Analytical, innovative and strategic thinker
- Enjoys hands-on work with ESG data, programming, and sustainable finance
- Likes to work in a collaborative environment with a team-oriented mindset
- Passionate about making a positive impact on environment and society
- Well organized
- Ability to implement â not just analyze
- Intellectual rigor
- Warm, friendly, collegial, and approachable - keen on working in a diverse workplace
Please visit our c areer page by clicking on the following link: https://www.mackenzieinvestments.com/en/careers
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments is an accessible employer committed to providing a barrier free recruitment experience. If you require an accommodation or this information in an alternate format at any stage of the recruitment process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition team who will work with you to meet your needs.
Please apply by September 7, 2023.