You will be an active member of a team that works with leading banks, insurers, asset managers and other financial institutions to solve their foremost challenges related to financial risk, including Climate and ESG impacts on loan origination, deal underwriting, single obligor credit risk modelling, portfolio management and regulatory compliance. The team is responsible for both advisory projects as well as managing products (credit risk models) within the Europe and Africa area.
You will support Moody Analytics Sales and Marketing both on specific sales opportunities and on more general product campaigns. This will take the form of performing client specific analyses and examples, as well as generating intellectual capital such as webinars, whitepapers, and industry presentations.
Working in collaboration with the Head of Market Development for Climate you will help drive purposeful engagement with the banking industry, to support the development and refinement of climate proposition for Moody’s Analytics banking solutions. In doing so, this role directly aligns with our strategic themes of Customer centricity & Investing with Intent.
Specifically, you will:
- Support climate advisory engagements:
- Be involved in scoping and managing our Climate risk products. This will include leading model developments, documentation, marketing and sales strategies. Within these processes, you are also expected to provide feedback and solutions to meet our clients and prospective clients needs in Europe and Africa.
- Execute projects to design and deliver customised solutions and arrange post-project support.
- Oversee projects run by more junior members of the team.
- Conduct design and knowledge transfer workshops on quantitative and qualitative methodologies so that clients can utilise the full potential of our solution. You are expected to train quantitative analysts, non-quantitative credit analysts and senior executives.
- Scope solutions to meet customer needs utilising MA products in combination with Advisory services especially in the Climate, ESG and Stress Testing space.
- Liaising with Research and Product Management to provide feedback from project experience to enhance our solutions.
- Lead business development efforts, which includes writing proposals, attending pre-sale meetings to provide expertise and recommend solutions while determining client requirements and project scope.
Engage with the market and support development and testing of Early-Stage propositions
- Identify emerging requirements to inform climate offering design and support positioning and marketing of offerings.
- Facilitate ongoing engagements externally with customers and other market participants and internally with Market Development, product, and other functions to refine propositions.
- Promote internal awareness and understanding of industry trends, requirements, opportunities, and initiatives with relevant stakeholders to support a collaborative, unified approach
- Minimum BA with an emphasis in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics, or related quantitative field. MA or MSc degree a plus. FRM or PRM or CFA designation a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in banking or financial services industries
- Relevant experience in financial markets, gained at either a top-tier consulting firm or within a commercial banking or capital markets environment.
- Good working knowledge of Climate and ESG regulation and market standards, modern credit portfolio management and the requirements of IFRS9, Basel IV / V and European Regulation especially around Stress Testing including Climate Stress Test. Experience in building credit risk models.
- Working knowledge of R and Python.
- Track record of successful project management, preferably within a commercial banking or consultancy environment.
- Excellent analytical skills and persistence in analytical and problem solving, quantitative approach to understanding problems in finance.
- Must be flexible with international travel including Africa.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build professional relationships
- Strong attention to detail
- Pro-active attitude with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Fluent in English. Fluency in another European language beneficial.
- Track record of business or proposition development, ability to synthesize and translate customer feedback into actionable and impactful propositions
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and projects.
In the Banking group, we help lending institutions make important decisions about their business, particularly when they are providing loans, managing risk, or conducting financial planning for the future of their institution. We do this with our innovative software and reliable analytics, helping them understand how to do their job better through training, learning solutions and advisory services. We are a dedicated team of experts in technology and financial analytics who understand what our clients need.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Moody’s is a developmental culture where we value candidates who are willing to grow. So, if you are excited about this opportunity but don’t meet every single requirement, please apply! You may be a perfect fit for this role or other open roles.
Moody's is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions.
At Moody’s, we’re taking action. We’re hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We’re educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversity