Alliance Advisors is an independent advisory firm that supports public & private companies with strategic shareholder & investor advisory services through our global network. We go beyond, from development to execution of bold, client-first strategies, resulting in winning outcomes. We specialize in shareholder engagement & solicitation, compensation advisory, governance & sustainability advisory, M&A activism, institutional ownership intelligence, proxy logistics and retail outreach strategies.
We are seeking a highly motivated Associate ESG Advisor to support our sustainability advisory team. This position will report directly to the Head of Sustainability Advisory and will be responsible for providing consulting services to clients on environmental, social, and governance (ESG) matters, with a focus on institutional investor and stakeholder priorities. You will work with clients to develop and implement ESG strategies, assess ESG risks and opportunities, and provide ESG analysis and research.
This is a fully remote role in the United States; Alliance Advisors is headquartered in Bloomfield, NJ, so preferred work location for this position is on the east coast.
- Engage with C-Suite executives to develop and implement ESG reporting strategies for clients.
- Leverage databases to conduct research and analysis of ESG issues and trends material to specific industries.
- Conduct ESG materiality assessments, gap analyses, and peer benchmarking for clients to identify and evaluate potential ESG risks and opportunities.
- Help clients develop and implement ESG reporting frameworks and disclosure strategies in line with shareholder expectations and ESG frameworks and standards.
- Assist in preparing external ESG reports and presentations for clients, including sustainability reports and ESG-related sections of SEC filings.
- Guide clients in engagement with stakeholders on ESG issues, including investors, employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Support the development and implementation of ESG policies and procedures for clients.
- Monitor and evaluate ESG performance and progress for clients and provide regular reporting and updates.
- Conduct ESG-related training and education for clients and colleagues.
- Stay up to date on developments in ESG regulations, standards, and best practices and contribute to thought leadership publications.
- Bachelor's degree in environmental studies, sustainability, finance, business, or related field.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in ESG consulting, sustainability, finance, or related field.
- Familiarity with ESG frameworks and standards (e.g., GRI, SASB, TCFD) and ESG ratings (e.g., MSCI and Sustainalytics)
- Knowledge and/or experience with financial markets and the role of sustainability from an institutional investor and corporate issuer perspective.
- Understanding of corporate governance and proxy voting issues, including familiarity with Glass Lewis & ISS
- High degree of initiative and proactiveness and project management abilities to handle multiple time-sensitive priorities to meet client needs.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
- Demonstration of professionalism and collaboration with co-worker and client relationships.
- Fluency in one or more foreign languages is valued but not required.
Alliance Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information.