At Apollo, we’re a global team of alternative investment managers passionate about delivering uncommon value to our investors and shareholders. With over 30 years of proven expertise across yield, equity and hybrid, regions and industries, we’re known for our integrated businesses, our strong investment performance, our value-oriented philosophy – and our people.
The successful candidate will join a team of professionals supporting a growing platform, which invests across Apollo’s yield, equity and hybrid segments. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on the flagship fund of the firm’s key initiative as well as important strategic relationships at Apollo. The role will include high levels of interaction with investors, internal investment professionals, and senior leaders.
Month end close process, including review of NAV packages prepared by the fund administrators and trustees with all the relevant supporting documentation
- Analyze profit/loss and RORs on daily, weekly and monthly basis; report fund performance to investors on weekly and monthly basis
- Calculation of management fees & incentive fees on hedge and PE style structures
- Coordinate the year end audits, including audited financial statements and provide information for tax preparation annually.
- Reporting quarterly and annually accounting information to corporate accounting to generate 10Q/10K; review of 10Q/10K drafts
- Responsible for portfolio valuation review and p&l attribution reporting for the funds
- Manage a high volume of investor inquiries, reporting, and ad-hoc requests
- Maintain detailed summary tracking expenditures across funds, preparation and fund expenditures packages and wire transfer requests
- Identify and analyze daily cash activity for various fund entities
- Managing several trustees/administrator relationships
- Complete internal daily, weekly & monthly fund reporting including liquidity and investment metrics.
- Contributing to ongoing internal business reviews & reporting for senior leaders
- Special Projects: Execute on ad-hoc requests from senior leaders
- Coordinate with investment professionals, ESG and finance teams on certain climate focused reporting.
Qualifications & Experience
Qualifications & Experience
- CPA . 3-5 years of Public/Private accounting experience preferred (Big 4 preferred)
- Strong U.S. GAAP technical accounting expertise
- Previous experience working with alternative investment funds preferred
- A critical thinker with strong quantitative and analytical skills who expresses their thoughts and ideas clearly both in oral and written communications.
- A collaborative thinker who can also work independently, multitask, and prioritize competing demands to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- A proactive and organized self-starter with a positive attitude, powerful work ethic, strong attention to detail and advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- A change cultivator, with a strong technology background and a focus on automation
The base salary range for this position is listed above. This position is also eligible for a discretionary annual bonus based on personal, team, and Firm performance. Compensation ranges are based on several factors including job function, level, and geographic location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed here.