CarterPierce is kicking of a new search for an energetic associate to join one of the most experienced teams in impact investing, the Builders Initiative Investment Team at Builders Vision (https://www.linkedin.com/company/builders-vision/). The Builders Initiative Investment Team manages multiple pools of assets, including the Builders Initiative Foundation Endowment and an impact-driven LLC. The endowment invests in market rate, mission-aligned opportunities at scale. The LLC houses three thematic portfolios (oceans, clean energy & climate justice, and food & ag) that have invested in over 50 companies and early fund impact managers since 2020. The associate will support investment activities across the pools of assets gaining experience in endowment management, fund investing, direct investing and impact measurement and management across key verticals in the climate sector.
- Investment analysis and research, including quantitative and qualitative assessments of impact fund managers, early stage, catalytic direct investments, capital markets and asset allocation/portfolio construction work. Nearly everything will incorporate an ESG and impact investing lens. Impact investments will range from impact-first to market rate
- Impact measuring and monitoring (IMM) - working with a cross-office team to implement an IMM framework across multiple portfolios
- Special investment projects as needed such as thematic impact investment landscapes or program-related investments done in partnership with foundation program officers
- 2-4 years of work experience in investments, investment banking, or consulting
- Demonstrable interest in ESG and impact investing
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must have comfort in writing full form documents and investment memorandums