S&P Global Ratings
Associate or Associate Director
We are looking for a credit analyst to join S&P Global Ratings’ team at the Associate (3-5 years of relevant experience) or Associate Director (5-7 years) level, to join our North American-based analytical team. We also welcome candidates with shorter or longer relevant experience to apply.
Key Responsibilities And Expectations
- Responsibility for surveillance of a portfolio of 10-15 issuers within a sector. You will ensure that our methodologies are applied correctly, interact with stakeholders, monitor news flow, and conduct detailed financial analysis that you will present to a rating committee. You will also be identifying, analyzing, and commenting on ESG sustainability factors relevant for your portfolio.
- Interacting and maintaining relationships with issuers’ senior management.
- Publication of timely and in-depth credit analysis reports on your portfolio of credits, as well as occasional sectoral analyses and research reports.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of industry trends and issues.
- Leading and coaching junior analysts.
- Preferably at least a bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or a related subject.
- Multiyear experience in credit or equity analysis (at least 2-3 years for an Associate level role).
- The ability to understand and analyze complex financial transaction documents.
- Strong analytical skills with a good understanding of financial statement analysis, cash flow modeling, and accounting concepts.
- Proven ability to drive, promote, and reward high-quality, insightful analysis, and customer service.
- Accuracy and a focus on details, while complying with strict and tight deadlines.
- Effective teamwork, good interpersonal skills, and a thoughtful approach to problem-solving.
- Good communication skills, specifically public speaking/writing skills. Clear and concise communication in English, both oral and in writing.
- Solid command of Excel/Word/PowerPoint. Further knowledge of data processing or programming would be a plus.
Location: New York, NY | San Francisco, CA
Grade/Level (relevant for internal applicants only): 11
NO SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE: This role is limited to persons with the indefinite right to work in the United States.
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative, we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only)
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $85,700 to $170,400. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires.
About Company Statement
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision-making. We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies, and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you’ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments, and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Ratings offers critical insights for credit, risk, and sustainable finance solutions that are essential to translating complexity into clarity, so market participants can uncover opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 282750
Posted On: 2023-02-23
Location: New York, New York, United States