Blue Owl (NYSE: OWL) is a leading asset manager that is redefining alternatives.
With $150 billion in assets under management*, we invest across three multi-strategy platforms: Credit, GP Strategic Capital, and Real Estate. Anchored by a strong permanent capital base, we provide businesses with private capital solutions to drive long-term growth and offer institutional and individual investors differentiated alternative investment opportunities that aim to deliver strong performance, risk-adjusted returns, and capital preservation.
Together with over 600 experienced professionals across 10 offices globally, Blue Owl brings the vision and discipline to create the exceptional.
*As of June 30, 2023
In this role, you would be a core part of building Blue Owl Capital’s Responsible Investing (ESG) program and strategy, examples of day-to-day and longer-term projects include:
- Support the implementation of our proprietary approach to ESG risk analysis within investment decision-making, across all asset classes, including supporting and/or leading ESG-related due diligence on deals
- Support the Head of ESG with priorities for the GP Strategic Capital and Real Estate investment portfolios, as well as other investment-specific activities as needed
- Strengthen and execute on our ESG-related reporting strategy including developing data infrastructure and data analytics for the portfolios
- Strengthen and develop processes around portfolio management. Liaise with and support investment teams across all asset classes, this may include working with underlying companies as needed
- Lead Blue Owl’s ESG data repository and serve as liaison to Blue Owl teams across the business on ESG-related data inquiries. Lead initiatives on reporting, investor and LP requests, and Blue Owl’s UNPRI submissions
- Support the Head of ESG and the rest of the ESG team on cross-portfolio work, including firm-wide Responsible Investing strategic projects
Who You Are:
- You have strong analytical skills and/or experience in management consulting or an equivalent in-house role
- You have core skills in data management, reporting, analytics, data infrastructure, and/or related areas
- You have strong experience with or skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and/or other BI tools
- You have solid communication, collaboration, interpersonal, and influencing skills and have demonstrated success in managing complex projects or programs
Preferred but not required:
- Experience in working with investment teams and/or on transactions, portfolio management, and due diligence
- Good track record in analytics, and demonstrated experience in translating results from data into strategic recommendations and business decision-making
It is expected that the base annual salary range for this New York City-based position will be $110,000 to $135,000. Actual salaries may vary based on factors, such as skill, experience, and qualification for the role. Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus, based on factors such as individual and team performance.
Blue Owl is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.