POSITION TITLE: Corporate ESG Specialist
REPORTS TO: General Counsel and Company Secretary
LOCATION: Milwaukee, Wisconsin or Flemington, NJ or Cincinnati, OH
Luxfer Holdings PLC is seeking a full-time Corporate ESG Specialist to join our team at our U.S. corporate office in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Reporting to the General Counsel, the Corporate ESG Specialist will champion Luxfer’s expanding ESG program on a global scale through strategy development, vision-setting, implementation, and reporting. In a cross-functional role, you will collaborate with Operations, Health & Safety, HR, Finance, and other internal and external teams to drive ESG programs and priorities across the Company. You will serve as the Company’s ESG subject matter expert, lead all internal and external ESG communications, own all aspects of ESG data management, and drive a strong sustainability culture throughout our global operations. Luxfer is seeking a passionate leader to join us at a pivotal time for our ESG program.
Luxfer Holdings PLC is a manufacturer of sustainable transportation solutions and life-saving medical and emergency response equipment. With a reputation for innovation, Luxfer has pioneered the applications of magnesium, zirconium, and aluminum in the healthcare, transportation, emergency response, defense, and aerospace markets. We have a global presence, with manufacturing facilities in 4 countries and over 1,350 employees worldwide. Luxfer is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and its ordinary shares trade under the symbol LXFR.
As one of Luxfer’s core values, the personal development of our employees is at the heart of what we do. Our culture thrives on innovation, and we seek achievers, leaders, and visionaries to revolutionize our business. We believe in each person’s ability to bring their unique skills and passions into the challenging and constantly evolving industries we serve, providing an environment to grow, build relationships, and take advantage of career opportunities wherever they may take you.
We invite you to learn more about Luxfer at and read on for a further description of the Corporate ESG Specialist role.
- Develop, refine, and execute the strategic objectives of the Company’s expanding ESG program;
- Serve as primary author of the Company’s biennial sustainability reports and other ESG communications, aligning content with ESG standards, frameworks, investor expectations, and best practice (e.g., SASB, GRI, etc.);
- Initiate and lead the implementation of the pending SEC Climate Disclosure Rules, including alignment with the TCFD reporting framework;
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal and external partners to support the achievement of Luxfer’s 2025 Environmental Goals;
- Chair the ESG Steering Committee to facilitate best-practice sharing across 12 global manufacturing facilities;
- Organize and execute annual compliance audits across all sites, with particular focus on health, safety, environmental, and governance compliance.
- Own all aspects of ESG data management, including biannual data collection process, carbon accounting, and tracking progress against environmental KPI’s;
- Initiate and lead the establishment of a Scope 3 emissions inventory, working with internal and external partners to gather data and assess impact;
- Support the internal audit team with annual ESG data assurance processes;
- Regularly communicate ESG progress and priorities to the Board of Directors and Executive Leadership Team;
- Provide subject matter expertise on existing and emerging ESG standards, guidelines, and regulations;
- Oversee and manage Luxfer’s assessments by third-party ESG rating agencies (e.g., ISS, MSCI, Sustainalytics, etc.);
- Respond to customer and value chain information requests through EcoVadis, CDP, and other sustainability questionnaire platforms;
- Liaise with Luxfer’s energy partners to manage all energy procurement contracts;
- Oversee and update ESG-related corporate policies; and
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Proven ability to prioritize work independently and exercise sound judgement;
- Positive attitude with a passion for learning and a creative approach to problem solving;
- Ability to facilitate meetings and present information and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders;
- Knowledge of general corporate and public company practices;
- Experience with ESG reporting and carbon accounting background strongly preferred;
- Familiarity with ESG standards, frameworks, and methodologies, including TCFD, SASB, GRI, SBTi, and GHG Protocol;
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Teams, Excel, and SharePoint; and
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time for compliance audits and other team meetings (~12 weeks per year).
Education and Qualifications:
- 1+ years of professional experience in sustainability, ESG, or a related field;
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, or equivalent work experience in a role with an ESG focus in one of the following areas: sustainability, health & safety, investor relations, program management, continuous improvement, or compliance; and
- Experience in manufacturing sector preferred.
Luxfer is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.