Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 7th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 160,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.Would you like to work for one of the World's largest banks in an exciting, dynamic and international environment?
We are currently recruiting for an Credit Analyst
for our Japanese Corporate Banking Division
MUFG Bank Europe N.V. (MBE) is a fully-owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), one of the largest ranked Financial Groups in the world in terms of assets. A world-class set of businesses and more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide.
For more than 50 years MBE offers corporate and investment banking services to both Japanese and non-Japanese corporate customers in The Netherlands and, through its branches. The goal is to be among the top performing foreign-owned banks operating in The Netherlands, providing value-added banking services and excellent operations, fulfilling both Japanese and Global Multinational Corporate customers' needs.
At MBE we are committed to contributing to a more sustainable future. Thus, we will encourage you to embed environmental, social & governance (ESG) factors in your everyday work and in our culture.
The MBE subsidiary based in The Netherlands is a network of branches (Germany Branch (Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Frankfurt, Munich), Spain Branch (Madrid, Barcelona), Belgium Branch (Brussels), Austria Branch (Vienna)), managed from Amsterdam.Your impact at MUFG
The role will require an ability to meet specific deadlines for the facility and borrower rating renewals of existing customers, as well as to be able to respond to an urgent ad-hoc request from the customer/RM’s requests, any credit related support including documentation process to be given for the origination of new businesses.
Japanese Corporate Banking Division (Spain) is a front office in charge of business development of customers located primarily in Spain and Portugal.
Credit analyst team sits within the Corporate Banking Department together with the relationship management team, and its main responsibilities is to support the existing credit related businesses as well as origination of new credit businesses.The role includes the following:
In order to be successful in the role, you will need the following:
- Perform submission of credit and borrower rating applications as well as other monthly and quarterly reports as directed in line with the Bank’s global rules on a timely manner.
- Provide high quality credit analysis and monitoring for the assigned customers along with the specific sector/industry analysis in order to submit applications and relevant reports.
- Provide overall support associated with credit transactions to respective relationship managers and other sections within Japanese Corporate Banking Division as well as to the analyst team to deliver Japanese Corporate Banking Division’s business objectives.
- Collaborate with other branches/offices, primary offices and credit division to deliver the transaction to meet the customers’ needs.
- Undertake and support various credit related tasks as directed by the Department Head, team leader of credit analyst team as well as the senior management.
- Work proactively to develop technical skills and industry knowledge related to role, as well as to obtain good understanding of Bank’s global policies and Japanese Corporate Banking Division for EMEA specific policies and procedures.
- Undertake financial information input and G-CARS entries for market risk transactions in order to develop technical skills.
Skills and experience:
- Degree Level and/or relevant industry expertise
- Experience in credit analysis and/or in a front office function is desirable
- Sound knowledge of MUFG credit processes and procedures (or similar experience in another organization)
- Practical experience of preparing credit and borrower rating applications preferred
- Highly numerate with a good attention to detail, strong customer focus and sound organizational skills
- Ability manage various tasks and work towards tight deadlines
- A proactive, motivated approach
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong numerical skills
- Strong customer focus
- Team player
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
Integrity and Responsibility
- Balance Risk with Opportunity
- Customer Focus
- Demonstrate Global Perspective
Professionalism and Teamwork
- Drive For Results
- Collaborate and Build Partnerships
- Communicate Effectively and Professionally
Challenge Ourselves To Grow
What do we have to offer:
- Influence and Inspire Others
- Lead Change & Seek Continuous Improvement
- Think Strategically
- Manage and Develop Talent
We offer you a role in one of the largest banks of the world in a growing and international environment. You have various opportunities to develop yourself and we will support you with that by offering various training and development possibilities.
- We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life.
- Monthly team events.
- To work in an ambitious, international environment with colleagues from different countries and cultures, who strive for the best.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
The role is based in Madrid. All candidates need to be willing to relocate to Madrid. Internal employees will be supported in case of relocation.
For more information regarding this position you can contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist at: email@example.com
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.