The role is responsible for providing support to the Responsible Investment team within Columbia Threadneedle Investments, an Ameriprise Financial company. The role will require managing and overseeing the organization's ESG data assets and monitoring and authenticating key ESG data metrics. Part of the role will be to assist with creating and implementing Responsible Investments data frameworks. It will require to play a generalist role supporting the Responsible Investment Quant team with data insights on the ESG performance of companies. The individual may also support the development, articulation, and enablement of Columbia Threadneedle Investments strategic vision.
1. Support Responsible Investments Quant team members to run reports, undertake data quality checks, and support any analytical tool issues
2. Manage, maintain and improve Excel/ VBA/ SQL/ Python tools to help extract data via various data sources
3. Receive, triage and action Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) overrides in collaboration with senior team members
4. Create a structure to oversee, document and resolve a wide variety of ESG data validation and reporting
5. Produce the required metrics and reporting to monitor the quality of the data
6. Maintenance of data and data system integrity to both extract information and provide insights, including data sourcing, architecture, and systems used to collect data
7. Collaborate with other teams, including data science & technology, to build scalable outputs which could become part of the process.
1. Bachelor’s degree in finance/Engineering/Mathematics or any related fields and/or MBA (Finance)
2. 1 – 3 years of relevant experience in data analytics for a global financial services firm
3. Exceptional communication skills (needs to effectively work and stay in touch with global colleagues across different business units)
4. Outstanding analytical skills and the ability to manage and interpret large amounts of data
5. Excellent knowledge of Excel VBA, SQL Server/Access databases, or any programming language
6. Excellent organizational and project management skills to track and manage multiple deliverables with various process steps and deadlines
7. Team player and collaborative, but can also work autonomously, both with a critical focus on ensuring consistent delivery
1. Asset management experience preferred
2. Experience in managing ESG Data preferred
About Our Company
Ameriprise India LLP has been providing client based financial solutions to help clients plan and achieve their financial objectives for 125 years. We are a U.S. based financial planning company headquartered in Minneapolis with a global presence. The firm’s focus areas include Asset Management and Advice, Retirement Planning and Insurance Protection. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step and create a career at Ameriprise India LLP.
Ameriprise India LLP is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.