S&P Global Sustainable 1
The Role: Data Quality Specialist- ESG ( 6 open roles )
The Team: S&P Global is one of the leading providers of the ESG data for investors, corporates and other stakeholders. ESG creates Value for our Clients, Value to Investors in mitigating risk of long-term investments and Value to Corporates through long term financial performance. It focuses on collecting broad range of ESG data through a variety of company and governmental sources, to provide users with an in-depth, multi-faceted view into the nature and strength of a company’s resistance to changes in ESG components, liaise with various critical stakeholders in understanding and building the content set. This data is used by investors, asset managers and in S&P Global’ s various divisions and products. The team is responsible for managing S&P Global’s proprietary database, comprising one of the world’s most complete datasets on corporate sustainability.
The Impact: As a part of S&P’s ESG team, you will develop and maintain accurate, complete, and timely data sets while considering the business divisions global interests and needs internally & externally.
As a Quality Research Specialist, you will support the integrity and comprehensiveness of the data set by utilizing internal & external public research sources such as government & regulatory documents, stock exchanges, CSR Reports, Industry journals, analyst reports as well as information databases and our internal research tools to collect, summarize, and synthesize meaningful information.
What’s In It For You
We are searching for people that are passionate about sustainability and would like to join a project focused, international team of like-minded people, driven to deliver excellence in managing the world’s most known family of sustainability indices and one of the leading corporate sustainability benchmarking methodologies.
- You will interact with a global team
- You will be part of a newly established growing team
- You will gain valuable insights on upcoming ESG trends
- You will have lots of runway for advancement and personal development with best-in-class ESG methodology.
- Validation of data from various sources (CSR, Environmental reports, Sustainability reports Financial etc) and apply it in an accurate manner to the database using CSA guidance.
- Good understanding of ESG concepts, ESG research methodologies and trends
- Deliver on pre-defined individual and team targets including delivering outcomes with quality and efficiency
- Engage with ESG analysts to understand the challenges and suggest solutions
- Coordinate with various stakeholders in understanding and building the content
- Provides input and ideas for new collection methods and product improvements related to the covered content sets
- Troubleshoots problems or issues and provide support to the team
- Act as a back up to the manager and actively participate in stakeholder connects and clients’ issues study.
What We’re Looking For
- Min. 3 years’ work experience in the field of ESG or corporate sustainability.
- Possess necessary skills to interpret documents like Articles, Bylaws and Prospectus of Companies, Annual reports, Sustainability reports, Codes of Conduct
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment, while following flexible schedule to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and persistent approach to work
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Good written and oral presentation skills
- Convenient taking initiative and demonstrating resourcefulness
- Agile mindset as it involves a lot of collaboration and coordination.
Basic Qualifications & Skills Required
- Academic Qualifications – Bachelor’s/Master’s degree or equivalent; an advanced degree in a related field is welcome
- Proficiency in using MS Office, SQL, Power BI shall be considered as added advantage.
Grade: 8 (relevant for internal applicants only)
The Location: Primary – Hyderabad (Secondary – Ahmadabad / Gurgaon)
About S&P Global Sustainable1
S&P Global Sustainable1 is the central source for sustainably intelligence from S&P Global. Sustainable1 matches customers with the ESG products, insights and solutions from across S&P Global's divisions to help meet their unique needs. Our comprehensive coverage across global markets combined with in- depth ESG intelligence provides financial institutions, corporations and governments an unmatched level of clarity and confidence to successfully navigate the transition to a sustainable future. Our data and well-informed point of view on critical topics like energy transition, climate resilience, positive impact and sustainable finance allow us to go deep on the details that define the big picture so customers can make decisions with conviction.
To learn more about Sustainable1, visit www.spglobal.com/sustainable1
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), DTMGOP203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority – Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning)
Job ID: 284514
Posted On: 2023-05-05
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India