Vanguard Personalized Indexing Management (VPIM) is looking for an Associate Portfolio Manager to join the Portfolio Management Team. Candidates should have a background and interest in passive portfolio management, tax loss harvesting, asset allocation, risk modelling, socially responsible/ ESG investing, and fintech in general. This position involves working in a fluid environment where rapid response and the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously are often required.This role may be based out of the VPIM offices in Oakland, CA or Vanguard’s Corporate HQ in Malvern, PA.
- Responsible for direct indexing trading activities and processes. Provides exceptional client outcomes while adhering to regulatory and internal standards.
- Responsible for working with the Portfolio Management team to review and analyze accounts on a daily basis, implementing trades for accounts which are deviating from their stated mandates.
- Builds relationships with external clients and internal departments. High degree of responsibility for communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders, working to ensure our accounts are managed accurately and efficiently.
- Responsible for ensuring operational processes are followed consistently and drives process improvements.
- Participate in special projects and analytical duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent.
- 2-5 years of experience in financial services.
- Background or interest in quantitative investing, passive portfolio management, or risk management preferred.
- Coursework in Mathematics, Statistics and/or computer science are a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel or statistical software.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized and appreciates the importance of meeting deadlines.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: driven, passionate about VPIM's mission, and have deep empathy for clients.
- A positive, collegial attitude and a high level of professionalism are essential.
Vanguard is offering visa sponsorship for this position.About Vanguard
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.Inclusion Statement
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.How We Work
Vanguard has implemented a hybrid working model for the majority of our crew members, designed to capture the benefits of enhanced flexibility while enabling in-person learning, collaboration, and connection. We believe our mission-driven and highly collaborative culture is a critical enabler to support long-term client outcomes and enrich the employee experience.