The Liverpool Group is a market leading multi-strategy investment manager, with a strong commitment to responsible investment and impact across the business. With c.$1.5bn funds under management across our private equity and impact investment strategies, we focus on investing in mid-market businesses seeking rapid growth in the industries of tomorrow.
We work in partnership with management teams to create stellar returns for our businesses and investors, whilst achieving social, environmental and impact growth. We believe that tangible and measurable social and environmental benefits can be achieved alongside top-tier investment grade returns.(https://www.liverpoolpartners.com/).
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as Director of Investor Relations. Working closely with the Managing Partners, you will primarily assist with fund raising across the Institutional, Private Wealth and High Net Worth Sector, maintain existing relationships and develop a communication program. This role is on a full-time basis or part-time basis (4 days per week).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Establish and develop new capital raising channels across Institutional, Private Wealth and High Net Worth (HNW) sector
· Manage investor onboarding (working alongside the Operations team to complete and distribute all documentation, carry out legal & compliance checks, collection of capital calls, prepare and distribute all formal communications)
· Set up and maintain a CRM system to manage new and ongoing communications quickly and efficiently
· Ensure all compliance and legal obligations of our investors are met and managed efficiently
· Organise roadshows and events in alignment with investment and capital raising cycles; presenting on existing funds and offerings to current and potential investors
· Prepare all fundraising, marketing materials and pitch decks
· Attend and brief Managing Partners for all upcoming events
· Establish, maintain and strengthen relationships with current and potential investors, understanding each unique relationship and investment mandate
· Commitment to networking within the Private Wealth and High Net Worth sector to broaden our investment base
· Act as point of contact for all communication with investors (investor queries, DDQs, questions and feedback)
· Represent the business strategy and culture positively and professionally within the market
· Develop and deliver a program of investor communications, tailoring to our investor base as required
· Prepare and distribute investor reports, presentations, statements and other marketing materials
· Work closely with the broader team to promote the company’s investment opportunities and market our business, talking confidently to our investment approach and current portfolio
· Build and develop investor metrics and reporting with the Finance team
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
The ideal experience and critical competencies for the role include the following:
· Proven experience in investor relations and fundraising within an Australian private equity or investment management company (preferably 5+ years)
· Bachelor’s degree in business, Finance, Accounting or a related field preferred (MBA or CFA desirable)
· An established network within Private Wealth and HNW sector with a track record of building positive long-term relationships
· Strong industry understanding of Private Markets, competitors and trends
· Ability to understand legal, contractual and regulatory requirements and frameworks
· Understanding of fund reporting, modelling and valuations
· Exceptional relationship and stakeholder management skills to interact with investors
· Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to confidently represent the business and investment strategies
· Ability to think strategically, implement ideas and solve challenges
Joining Liverpool Group, you will be self-motivated and energised by working amongst a group of thoughtful, smart, and successful people. You will enjoy being part of a purpose driven organisation focused on excellence and will be a naturally collaborative person who enjoys interacting with individuals at all levels. We value team players who can bring diversity of thought, a commitment to ESG principles and a determination to succeed.
Applicants must have full working rights in place for Australia to be considered for this opportunity.
WHAT WE OFFER:
A role at Liverpool Group means driving real change as a member of a small high performing team with the ability to make a meaningful impact and grow your career.
We offer a range of benefits; charity adventure leave, paid parental leave, gym membership, health and wellbeing benefits and access to our investments as an individual investor. But it’s much more than that. We’ve created an inclusive environment that’s designed to bring out the best in ourselves and each other. It’s incredibly rewarding, and more than a little fun, to be able to provide the positive results we deliver.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch!
Please note, due to the high volume of applications, only candidates that fulfil the above criteria will be contacted to progress to the next stage of the process.
Applications close on 6th February.
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Company: Liverpool Partners