With the impact of climate change and other environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues coming ever more starkly into focus, governments, investors, and businesses are under increasing pressure to take rapid and decisive action.
Sustainability is at the heart of our clients’ strategies. At EY, we believe sustainability is one of the defining issues of our time, which is transforming many industries as companies reimagine how to create change that’s good for business, society and the planet.
We are currently looking to expand our team.
The EY Strategy and Transactions (SaT) team is looking for market facing talented professionals with considerable experience in ESG strategies and transactional knowledge. Professionals who can help clients navigate in the ESG arena, deriving appropriate strategies and assessing the effects of ESG on corporate performance and risks, as well as examine potential long term value creation.
Other tasks will be to assist in green finance, impact assessment, ESG due diligence and to develop new operating models & risk mitigation measures within the climate transition.
We are looking for colleagues to join us in Brussels as their home office. You will be working with corporate clients, governments as well as infrastructure investors and private equity clients.
Your Key Responsibilities
Our SaT professionals provide robust ESG assessments, strategies, analysis and insights, while leveraging financial, socio-economic and advanced data to provide robust, evidenced-based analytics to support our clients’ strategic and operational decision making around all elements of the sustainability agenda.
Often reporting directly to a company’s most senior executives, we enhance our clients’ understanding of utilizing ESG-related levers to reduce a company’s operating costs and/or increase revenues, ultimately increasing EBITDA and to enable more confident, strategic decisions and judgements around their strategic sustainable ESG agenda and capital allocation.
EY’s Strategy and Transactions (SaT) practice, that advises clients in all aspects of capital allocation decisions, including Sustainable Strategy, Mergers and Acquisitions, Transaction Diligence and Transaction Integration. EY SaT wants to help clients create actionable strategies which create positive impact for business, society and the planet.
Skills And Attributes For Success
Pro- activity, accountability, and mission and results- driven people will flourish in this environment. Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources, and communicating effectively are key skills. This will have a significant impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethics. You should be able to demonstrate the ability to think laterally and adapt previous experience and solutions to new projects and be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic team and environment.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline such as engineering, economics, environmental science, clean energy, green economy & sustainability or related fields;
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience with a demonstrated track record of delivering sustainability value creation and/or ESG strategies;
- Proven working experience in a similar role in consulting industry, a public institution or a bank/financial institution. Working at EIB or European Commission is an asset;
- Familiar with ESG-related risks and impact to business operations, risk mitigation techniques and sustainable value creation opportunities, quantification the impact of ESG factors on shareholder returns, ESG due diligence ESG operating models and strategies, and/or ESG performance;
- Understanding of key sustainability issues and trends (carbon, circular economy, social-economic impact) and how they link to business value and/or how ESG strategies creates or protect value;
- Be able to work on complex projects that require knowledge of business strategy, sustainability strategy and operations.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- High motivation and passion for sustainability and a demonstrated capacity to deal with ambiguity and overcome challenges;
- Drive, passion, conceptional thinking and pragmatic mindset;
- Entrepreneurial and go-to-market mindset;
- Strong technical, quantitative and analytical skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic team and environment;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in English and preferably in Dutch, French, other language skills merited.
What We Offer
We offer a developing, socially, and internationally characterized workplace, competitive pay, and the opportunity to influence the development of the business. You will work with some of the world's leading companies - our clients.
Plus, we offer
- Extensive support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in a global environment;
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career;
- Acquire a fully accredited corporate MBA (EY Tech or Sustainability MBA) from Hult International Business School, whilst working with EY, completely free;
- Training and further education opportunities;
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that is right for you;
- EY is a value-driven company where team spirit, respect and integrity are important key words. In addition to our employees’ commitment and expertise, our shared values create success in the market.
Join us in building a better working world.