Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides
consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and
investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making
payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our
clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by
constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills
and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have
our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted
based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
ESG metrics and reporting continue to evolve and are quickly becoming business imperatives. Increased scrutiny from investors, publicly announced targets around Citi’s commitment to ESG, as well as the likelihood of new SEC disclosure requirements for ESG are creating the need to properly measure, disclose and augment ESG-related disclosures across three categories:
Environmental: carbon emissions, water and waste management, raw material sourcing, climate change vulnerability
Social: diversity, equity and inclusion, labor management, data privacy and security, community relations
Governance: board governance, business ethics, intellectual property protection
The role is for a ESG Disclosure Controller, which is a new role in the Finance/Controller function, and is responsible for oversight of ESG related disclosures in our financial and reporting processes for Citi’s SEC filings, as well as information contained in Citi’s publicly available ESG reports.
The ESG Controller’s responsibilities will be global in scope and require working closely with the Global Public Affairs, the businesses, Controllers and other functions and disciplines across the organization to ensure timely and accurate reporting of ESG disclosures in a standardized and controlled process.
- Responsible for oversight and reporting of ESG related disclosures wherever they are disclosed.(annual ESG report, Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), 10-K/10-Q, etc.) and would encompass the following activities:
- Work with Global Public Affairs to create and implement a well-controlled process to collect and report on ESG type disclosures
- Build out ESG Controllers function, define operating model, define roles & responsibilities, hire team
- Ensure data sources used in reporting ESG disclosures are strategic and have appropriate ownership
- Subject matter expert on ESG disclosures, keeping current on evolving disclosure trends in the industry and advising and evaluating
- Ensuring that ESG disclosure requirements (including those expected from the SEC) are properly vetted and implemented in a well-controlled process from an end-to-end perspective
- Reviewing and responsible for all public and internal ESG disclosures to ensure and information materially accurate and produced in a well-controlled process
- Coordinating internal audits or other external reviews of the information within Citi’s ESG disclosures
- Support senior leaders in the Businesses and Finance in their understanding of ESG disclosures and any related implications
- Set ESG reporting policies and procedures for Citi
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field. Masters and/or CPA preferred.
- 15+ years of relevant experience, within the financial services industry highly preferred
- Knowledgeable in ESG related disclosures and industry trends, experience in implementing ESG controls and ESG reporting
- Experience in SEC or other regulatory reporting, including interaction with governance committees
- in-depth knowledge of banking products / systems highly preferred
- Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within the finance function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function
- Requires communication and diplomacy skills in order to guide and influence others
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities in a complex and dynamic environment
- Experienced people leader who can attract and develop a high-performing team and build effective partnerships acors
- Self-motivated with ability to make decisions in absence of detailed instructions
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
We are currently working on a hybrid schedule consisting of 2-3 days in office and the remainder remote (specific details depend on location and business group). This is not a remote only role.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi