Are you a driven, impact-oriented, socially conscious professional that thrives in an entrepreneurial environment? Do you want to work alongside thought leaders at a growing, world-class, mission- driven B Corp with a history of delivering strong investment performance and generating positive social and environmental impacts? Join us in making a positive impact.
Boston Common Asset Management (BCAM) is looking for a motivated Emerging Markets Global Analyst to join our inclusive and collaborative team. The Global Analyst will work closely with the EM strategy team and will also be a part of the Global Equity Research team with specific industry coverage. The successful candidate will be driven to succeed both in outperforming the market and in creating ESG impact.
Work closely with EM strategy team:
- Work with the EM team to generate investment ideas and propose trade recommendations through conducting fundamental equity research and monitoring macroeconomic trends of key EM markets.
- Aim to outperform relevant benchmarks over a market cycle using a systematic process.
- Contribute to portfolio reporting, risk management and business development of EM strategy.
Global Sector Analyst:
- Add value to the relative performance of portfolios across global strategies via stock recommendations based on creative, in-depth industry and stock research.
- Partner with the ESG research team members on sector analyses to findleading solutions and ESG product and process companies.
- Leverage broker research, industry data, regulatory filings, and other information to think creatively amid changing dynamics.
Maintain knowledge base:
- Maintain knowledge of financial markets and investment research to guide portfolio decision-making.
- Stay informed on ESG issues globally and BCAM views of various issues.
- Understand the BCAM ESG engagement process, participate as appropriate, and connect this to portfolio positioning.
- Be able to communicate at a sophisticated level the firm’s investment process as well as its work in ESG research and engagement.
The position calls for a mature, trustworthy individual with high energy. Ideally, the successful candidate will have at least three years of experience investing in EM equities along with the following qualities and skills:
- Analytical and trustworthy individual with strong finance, stock picking, and communication skills.
- Proven investment experience and documented results with a passion for securities markets.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative team environment as well as independently.
- Proactive, inquisitive individual who seeks direction and information.
- Ability to handle multiple requests and prioritize effectively.
- Experience in global equity research, fundamental analysis, and valuation analysis.
- Demonstrated commitment to sustainability and ESG issue areas.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Factset, and Bloomberg.
- CFA is highly desirable.
Compensation will depend on experience and qualifications. BCAM offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive base salary with annual bonus potential
- Medical and dental insurance with Health Savings Account employer contribution
- 401K with employer contribution
- Extended paid parental leave
- Professional development opportunities and tuition reimbursement
- Access to an onsite state-of-the-art gym
- Flexible, hybrid work environment
- Weekly all-company lunches and daily access to organic produce and healthy snacks
BCAM is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. Diversity enriches our culture, our work, and aligns with our community, organizational, and investment philosophy. Boston Common Asset Management is an Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, neurodiversity, genetic information, or any other protected status.
About Boston Common
Boston Common AM is an independent, women-led, and majority women- and employee-owned investment firm activating capital toward solutions for people and the planet. An active, global equity ESG-integrated investment manager and a leader in impactful shareowner engagement since 2003, Boston Common challenges companies across industries to devote resources and innovation toward social equity and earth renewal. The firm is headquartered in Boston. The company’s investment strategies totaled $5.0 billion in assets as of March 31, 2023.
For more information, please visit www.bostoncommonasset.com.