Aplin has partnered with an Ottawa-based company to hire a Bilingual ESG Analyst to join their team. Reporting to the Manager of Budget and Financial Management, the ESG Analyst will be responsible for the implementation of the company's ESG Roadmap. This includes planning, coordinating, and reporting on all aspects of the ESG strategy.
- Provides expert support, technical input, and advisory services to internal partners with strong subject matter expertise in ESG strategy and disclosure sharing thought leadership, leading practices, and insights to influence and inform strategy to maximize impact in areas such as procurement, travel, and grant administration
- Supports the team with quantitative and qualitative research, and analysis across a broad range of ESG topics
- Stays up to date on ESG principles and best practices through conducting research, continuing education, attending conferences etc.
- Serves on committees and working groups to ensure that ESG impacts are factored into company decisions
- Scales ESG knowledge across the company through maintaining an ESG-focused site and providing regular training sessions to staff
- Leads the implementation of ESG-specific initiatives, including the development of business cases, implementation, and evaluation
- Oversees consultants working on ESG-specific initiatives as required
- Leads the development of an ESG Module within Workday Adaptive to be used for tracking and reporting ESG performance
- Provides clear written messaging outlining information such as the purpose of the initiative, implementation plan, and budget
- Develops and refine appropriate metrics to monitor ESG performance through consultation with appropriate stakeholders
- Provides regular reporting to senior management, the Board of Governors, and Board sub-committees
- Prepares ad-hoc reports as required
- This is a bilingual position (English and French) at an intermediate level
- Bachelorâs degree in a relevant field such as sustainability, environmental studies, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 3-5 years of related experience in sustainability strategy, implementation, project management, data/analytics, and communications.
- Experience with the development of performance metrics and reporting to senior management.
- Strong technical competence in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams. Knowledge of SharePoint is helpful as well.
- Experience with organizational techniques to prioritize work and anticipate problem situations to provide excellent client service.
- Strong written communication skills, especially related to ESG and change management
Aplin, one of Canadaâs Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com