ESG solutions enable investors to develop and integrate responsible investing policies and practices, engage on responsible investment issues, and monitor portfolio company practices through screening solutions. It also provides climate data, analytics, and advisory services to help financial market participants understand, measure, and act on climate-related risks across all asset classes. In addition, ESG solutions cover corporate and country ESG research and ratings enabling its clients to identify material social and environmental risks and opportunities.
Alternative Research Team Overview
ISS ESG is expanding its ESG research offering through its Alternative Research team, which is solely dedicated to alternative investments: private credit, private equity, hedge fund, real estate, infrastructure, and commodities.
The team’s mission is to create pioneering outputs, meeting both the most exacting demands as well as easy-to-apply solutions for the customers, timely and in a high-quality manner, making use of the best available technology, complementary to ISS ESGâs off-the-shelf offerings. The team cooperates closely with sales, client success, methodology, product development, climate, and all other research units.
The ideal candidate holds broad ESG expertise, acquired either in research or in the investment community. A good financial market understanding is desirable, and experience in alternative asset classes, such as infrastructure, direct real estate, private equity, and debt as well as credit instruments, is a plus.
This role is a combination of acquired research skills and translating client requirements into robust custom solutions. These solutions are built via excel based tools, with an outlook to grow into a growing automated offering.
The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a dynamic market and international work environment, working on new tasks every day and in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Contribute to leading ESG Research solutions focused on the private market, including Independent project management
- Participate in developing an ESG tool kit in the area of alternative assets according to investor needs
- Combining a broad ESG expertise across different areas of sustainable finance (asset & market risks, impact, governance)
- Ability to understand, develop and leverage standard data to drive custom solutions
- Independent project management, including Project tracking, Internal reporting, and dashboarding
- Liaise internally with other research functions, ESG subject-matter experts, methodology team members, and, product development.
Qualifications And Skills
- Masters in Finance, Environmental Engineering, Sustainable Finance, Public Policy, Technology, or equivalent from a reputed institution
- If not holding the above, MBA/CFA from reputed institution
- 1-3 years of work experience in ESG research in the financial or regulatory domain
- Exposure to regulatory and reporting frameworks like TCFD, GRESB, EU taxonomy, and more.
- Passion for ESG, responsible investment, and sustainability
- Affinity for pragmatic solutions, innovative & entrepreneurial mindset
- Financial markets knowledge and experience with alternative assets are a plus
- Fluency in English - Good writing and oral communication skills
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, a self-driven work ethic, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work within a team-oriented environment and communicate with various internal parties, across a diverse global team
- Self-motivation, eagerness to learn, and general curiosity outside the box
- Technical and analytical skills in Excel and more advanced data science skills are a plus
We offer a hybrid work schedule of 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home.
What You Can Expect From Us
Our people are the moving force behind ISS. We are dedicated to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry and empowering them with the resources and support to enhance their career, health, financial and personal well-being.
We are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We are invested in our people and are working every day to ensure a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
Letâs unite, collaborate, and inspire one another.
Letâs be #BrilliantTogether.
ISS empowers investors and companies to build for long-term and sustainable growth by providing high-quality data, analytics, and insight. We are committed to positively impacting the environment and society through our market-leading solutions and leading by example.
Specifically, the ISS ESG solutions enable investors to develop and integrate responsible investing policies and practices, engage on responsible investment issues, and monitor portfolio company practices through screening solutions. It provides climate data, analytics, and advisory services to help financial market participants understand, measure, and act on climate-related risks across all asset classes. In addition, ISS ESG solutions cover corporate and country ESG research and ratings, enabling its clients to identify material social and environmental risks and opportunities.
Visit our website: https://www.issgovernance.com
View additional open roles: https://www.issgovernance.com/join-the-iss-team/
Institutional Shareholder Services (âISSâ) is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. It is our policy to prohibit discrimination or harassment against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, social origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.