Novata is a public benefit corporation created and funded by a unique consortium of foundations and private sector companies including the Ford Foundation, the Omidyar Network, S&P Global, and Hamilton Lane. We are a for-profit, mission-driven company with a goal of empowering the private markets to build a more inclusive and sustainable form of capitalism. By bringing together the brightest minds in financial data, private equity, social justice and inclusive capitalism, we aim to build the best technology and tools for the private markets to better collect, analyze, benchmark, and report ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) data. We have an experienced and diverse team who are as ambitious about growing a successful company as we are about making an impact. We hope you’ll join us.
About The Role
Backed by platform data and insights from more than 5,000 private companies, we recently launched Novata Services to enhance our market-leading technology solution with a suite of offerings that maximise the value of the Novata experience. This role will be part of Novata’s newest team, Novata Services, and is focused on helping the company meet the needs of customers.
Novata is looking for an ESG Analyst to:
- Support the Services team in delivering a variety of ESG data analyses, data visualisations, and outputs for Novata customers
- Research and keep abreast of evolving ESG developments including standards, framework developments, regulatory changes, and best practices.
- Serve as a resource in delivering on voluntary and mandatory reporting requirements, with a focus on our customers in the UK and Europe.
This role will be based in the UK.
Support the Novata Services team in delivering our menu of platform-aligned service offerings to help Novata customers maximise the value of their data and ensure an excellent overall experience
- This is a non-client facing role. The ESG Analyst will be working behind the scenes to provide deliverables to our customers. The work will include but is not limited to:
- Data review, quality check, and gap analysis;
- Data analysis, visualisation, and translation;
- Materiality, data strategy, action-planning, and reporting.
- Serve as a knowledge resource for relevant regulations, frameworks, and initiatives:
- It is essential to have a broad understanding of ESG and / or key sustainability frameworks and principles;
- It would be preferable to have knowledge of the SASB Standards, the Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR), the EU Taxonomy, and/or the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD);
- It would be advantageous to have knowledge across the International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB) IFRS S1 and S2 standards, the PRI, and/ or the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosure (TCFD).
- Support with research and input towards thought leadership pieces such as blogs, articles, and marketing materials.
- At least 2 years of industry experience in a related field e.g. ESG advisory, sustainability, impact investing, and / or private equity. A data analyst or economist role would also be suitable, however experience within the ESG or private equity space is preferable;
- Data fluency, you are comfortable identifying, pulling, and analysing datasets and translating insights into actions;
- Experience in managing data collection processes on material priorities, and distilling data points into key insights for different industries or stakeholder groups;
- Strong analytical and writing abilities to help articulate various ESG topics to novices and experts alike;
- Excellent Excel skills and/or other analytical software
- Data visualisation experience (for example, PowerBI, Tableau and other data visualisation tools), or willingness to learn;
- Motivation and interest to undertake research across the ESG space;
- Proactive with the ability and confidence to use initiative;
- Curious, collaborative, and empathic.
- Step 1: Zoom interview with UK & European Services lead;
- Step 2: Zoom interview with Head of Services;
- Step 3: Final Zoom interview with a panel of 2-4 members of Novata.
We want our employees to have the best opportunities at work and in life. We know that requires us to provide more than just a great place to work. We are committed to providing industry leading benefits and flexibility that allows you to achieve all your life goals. Here are the important highlights:
- Competetive salary reviewed annually to account for market shifts
- Participation in company stock option plan
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Robust paid time off, volunteer time off and parental leave policy
- Flexible work environment with full support for remote work
- Opportunities for professional development
- An experienced, mature and extremely enthusiastic team that thrives on collaboration
Anticipated Salary Range: £55,000-£65,000
Why Join Us?
Novata is a mission-first company built to enable the private markets to drive more impact. We are at the unique intersection of ESG, the private markets, and mission driven impact. We are well-funded, have a top tier executive leadership team, and have experienced a successful commercial launch in the first half of 2022. We have a highly aggressive growth plan to establish ourselves as the industry leader of ESG with product and international expansion.
Members of our leadership team have been globally recognized for their success as leaders of large public companies, founders of successful startups, leaders of established ESG organizations, and builders of robust tech platforms. We are passionate, highly motivated, and experienced individuals who embrace our diverse backgrounds. Together, we will become the platform of choice and a catalyst for a change in the way business is done.
Novata is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy that we will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected category with respect to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.