Apollo is seeking an Analyst to join the ESG Credit team as an ESG Research Analyst. This individual will primarily focus on supporting the integration of environmental, social, and governance characteristics to identify both emerging risks and opportunities within the Credit investment process and other affiliated Apollo investment platforms. The successful candidate will also serve as a key contributor to a range of ESG platform/product reporting and communication for various internal and external stakeholders.
- Supporting and partnering directly with credit investment teams, by maintaining and enhancing the consistent implementation of Apollo Credit’s ESG Integration and Sustainability labeled frameworks. This includes the frameworks utilized assign ESG Risk Ratings as well as impact and climate transition assessments.
- Performing thematic, regulatory and sector-level research to support the application of issuer ESG and impact assessments along with broader portfolio positioning by the credit investment teams.
- Partnering with analysts and economists to engage on key ESG and impact issues with issuers.
- Working with technology and data teams to better identify, integrate and apply 3rd party ESG data and research into the investment process.
- Collaborating with technology, legal, compliance and CPS teams to further develop ESG and thematic reporting along with broader communication with LPs and clients.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with an excellent record of academic achievement
- At least 1-3 years of experience in an ESG focused role, ideally within an ESG research function
- Subject matter/industry expertise in the application of ESG and sustainability frameworks
- Familiarity and comfort with investment markets and preferably private credit markets
- Ability to develop relationships with investment teams members and collaborate with multiple stakeholders across the organization to support the growth of the ESG Credit platform
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills; builds and maintains strong relationships/credibility with external counterparties
- Excellent ability to multi-task and strong attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial, self-guided work ethic with results-driven orientation
- Excels in a fast-paced, rigorous work environment; effectively prioritizes and meets deadlines
Apollo provides equal employment opportunities regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, veteran status, gender/sex or sexual orientation, or any other criterion or circumstance protected by applicable law, ordinance, or regulation. The above criteria are intended to be used as a guide only – candidates who do not meet all the above criteria may still be considered if they are deemed to have relevant experience/ equivalent levels of skill or knowledge to fulfil the requirements of the role. Any job offer will be conditional upon and subject to satisfactory reference and background screening checks, all necessary corporate and regulatory approvals or certifications as required from time to time, and entering into definitive contractual documentation satisfactory to Apollo.