ESG Data Associate at Pantheon Ventures
London, Greater London, England, United Kingdom
Pantheon is a leading global private markets specialist currently investing on behalf of more than 1,000 investors, including public and private pension plans, insurance companies, endowments, foundations and private wealth clients. Founded in 1982, Pantheon has an established reputation across private market asset classes, covering all stages and geographies, and provides investment solutions that include flagship fund offerings, as well as integrated programs and customized solutions. Pantheon also manages and advises Pantheon International Plc (“PIP”) and Pantheon Infrastructure Plc (“PINT”), both investment companies listed on the London Stock Exchange.
As of December 31, 2022, Pantheon had $92.8 billion in assets under management and advice and the firm currently has more than 460 employees located across its offices in London, San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Hong Kong, Seoul, Bogotá, Tokyo, Dublin and Berlin. Its global workforce includes more than 140 investment professionals.
Pantheon is majority-owned by Affiliated Managers Group Inc. (NYSE: AMG), a leading partner to independent active investment management firms globally, alongside senior members of the Pantheon team.
For further details, please visit our website: www.pantheon.com
Purpose of Position
In this newly created role the ESG Data Senior Associate will be responsible for the collation, analysis and use of sustainability, ESG and climate-risk related data, both qualitative and quantitative, in order to support Pantheon’s ESG reporting requirements.
Data is sourced from a combination of areas including internally from investment teams and externally from underlying investment managers and external ESG data partners. The ESG Data Senior Associate will be responsible for coordinating, aggregating an analyzing ESG-related data from multiple sources to generate portfolio ESG and climate-related metrics. This includes calculating the carbon footprint and carbon intensity of portfolios, as well as other social and governance metrics relating to portfolio companies and investment managers.
This data is then used to fulfil regulatory and client reporting requirements including areas such as TCFD, SFDR and other bespoke requirements as they arise.
- Own the coordination and execution of general ESG data sourcing and collation across the business, including:
- Working with Pantheon’s investment teams and external data suppliers to ensure appropriate ESG-related data is sourced on a timely basis
- Ensuring data governance to align data with wider Portfolio Data
- Maintain datasets to support ESG-related queries
- Produce a variety of ESG reporting, working with Pantheon’s investment, reporting, company data and investor relations teams, to ensure these meet ESG regulatory requirements and investor expectations. These include:
- Client-specific reports including key ESG and climate-related metrics
- Public ESG reporting for two listed investment trusts
- Pantheon fund-level ESG reporting;
- Responses to investor-specific ESG queries regarding Pantheon’s general ESG approach
- Other external ESG reporting requirements (e.g. PRI assessments)
- Support the development of additional TCFD (climate-related) disclosures to meet UK regulatory reporting requirements, this includes:
- Working with internal teams and external data providers to produce qualitative and quantitative climate data (e.g. scenario analysis to produce forward looking climate metrics)
- Coordinating the production of annual fund-level TCFD-compliant reports (on request)
- Other responsibilities:
- Support the monitoring of ESG incidents across the portfolio
- Manage external resources to facilitate ESG data collection and reporting
- Enhance the efficiency of existing ESG-related data processes and support the development of an IT ESG system
- Develop a good understanding on how Pantheon integrates ESG into the investment process and general ESG regulatory reporting requirements
Knowledge and Experience Required
- An interest in ESG and awareness of ESG climate metrics and global regulatory reporting requirements (e.g. TCFD, SFDR etc.)
- Experienced professional working with data in a financial environment.
- Strong technical skills, including experience in handling large scale datasets
- Excellent data analysis and integration skills
- Good technical level with Microsoft tools including Power Automate and PowerBI.
- Ability to work independently and exercise professional judgement to achieve best results
- Self starter with strong organisational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to develop strong and open working relationships
- Experience of ensuring timely and accurate delivery, working with tight deadlines
- Highly Numerate and analytical
- Experience of process changes
- Knowledge of Fund of Fund private markets (including equity, infrastructure and private debt) structure and reporting
This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. You may be required to perform other job-related duties as reasonably requested by your manager.
Pantheon is an Equal Opportunities employer, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't perfectly align we'd still encourage you to apply.