For 30 years EBI Consulting has helped clients maximize value in the built and natural environments. What drove us then drives us now: the desire to meet and exceed our clients’ expectations, delivering quality insights that move them forward. We help commercial and wireless infrastructure property owners and investors solve challenges and create business value with comprehensive environmental consulting, due diligence, engineering, architecture, and construction management services. We help you fill in the blanks and minimize the risk of the unknown. From multibillion-dollar projects to nationwide portfolios, EBI delivers timely business insights at every phase of your project. EBI’s professional engineers, architects, scientists, project managers, and technical experts provide expertise across a wide range of markets and asset types. By offering deep expertise across a comprehensive suite of services, EBI enables clients to assess and leverage powerful resources and intelligence that help to maximize the overall success of every project.
At EBI, we mean business.
EBI Consulting is seeking an experienced Director of ESG to join and support the growth and development of EBI’s Corporate Social Responsibility, Sustainability, and Climate Resiliency services. EBI works with our clients to better understand, and execute against, the emerging trends within sustainability that can apply to enhancing the impact, competitiveness, and execution of EBI services. This role will support all clients needing an ESG strategic partner to improve their sustainability (E), diversity and inclusion (S), and compliance in a net zero future (G), including many well-known mid-to-large private and public companies, as well as federal, state, and municipal governments.
This role will help expand the footprint of EBI’s ESG Business Unit, which includes our Energy & Sustainability, Environmental Health & Safety, Site Investigation & Remediation, and Building Sciences services. The successful candidate will be able to expand existing client relationship and build new ones for EBI by bringing in new clients based on existing relationships and networks, and through business development initiatives (conference attendance, thought leadership, meetings, etc.). This role works closely with EBI’s Associate Program Manager, Senior Vice President of ESG, Account Executives, and Business Development Representatives to strategize and develop sales efforts for new and existing ESG services. They will also manage a team of ESG professionals and work cross-functionally with technical experts throughout EBI to develop new services and ensure the quality and timely delivery of ESG Services to our clients. While a critical function for our clients, ESG is also important for EBI internally, so a portion of time will be spent advancing EBI’s internal ESG initiatives and messaging.
This position reports directly to the Senior Vice President, ESG, and will play an active role in not only overseeing the ESG Services group but also growing the function by hiring future staff. While it is not required to be located near the Burlington, MA corporate headquarters, candidates residing in or near Massachusetts are preferred. Nationwide travel, while infrequent (~once per month), is necessary, so familiarity and comfortability with this responsibility is required.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Expand EBI’s client base in target industries
- Lead the development of ESG Reporting Services for all industries in alignment with, but not limited to, the following benchmarks, standards, and guidelines:
- GRESB, SASB, GRI, TCFD, UN PRI, B Impact Assessment
- Lead and grow an existing team of ESG Project Coordinators, Analysts, and Interns to meet the demand of clients and develop new services to meet market demand
- Track ESG expansion performance using KPIs and financial metrics
- Manage and oversee ESG service delivery for clients, which may include self-performing and training the ESG team to perform services to expand the practice
- Develop and implement an annual Go-To-Market strategy for providing ESG services to existing clients and new potential clients, collaborating with internal practice leaders, account executives, analysts, marketing, and more
- Offer support to business development professionals by supporting prospective client conversations and managing client relationships as they relate to ESG Services
- Partner with marketing to develop strategies to penetrate the ESG market
- Continue to develop EBI’s internal ESG strategy and ensure that EBI is positioned to meet our ESG goals and performance annually
- Work with the Business Unit Leader and Practice Leaders to develop a recruiting and retention plan of key resources to support ESG client services
Qualifications And Capabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sustainability, Environmental Science, Business, Finance or similar required; Masters Degree preferred
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in consulting with a minimum of 3 of those years performing sustainability and ESG Reporting Services across industries in alignment with SASB, GRI, TCFD, or other relevant ESG standards and guidelines
- Familiarity with the Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) and ESG as it relates to the Commercial Real Estate industry. Understanding of green building certifications (LEED, BREEAM, etc.)
- FSA Credential Holder or CFA in ESG Investing a plus
- Experience in client-focused, hard-driving professional services environments
- Previous experience leading complex projects for a strategic consulting business
- Self-starter and ability to manage time independently without direct supervision
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
- Understanding of data, metrics, KPIs, etc. associated with ESG
- The ability to operate at the senior level and lead, influence, negotiate and close
- Ability to make timely and effective decisions in assessing business opportunities
- Ability to provide insights and contribute to writing winning proposals and responses to client requests, and formal RFPs/RFQs
- Expertise in Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Knowledge of Salesforce/FinancialForce a plus
At EBI, we cultivate a welcoming and collaborative culture. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and encourage diverse candidates to apply. We do not discriminate against qualified individuals based on their status as a protected veteran or individuals with disabilities, nor do we discriminate based on sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation. All vendors are expected to maintain a working environment free from discrimination or harassment.