Umpqua Bank is a publicly traded financial holdings company, headquartered in the Pacific Northwest with 6,000+ employees, which offers banking services to customers throughout the nation. It’s an especially exciting time to join our team as, following the recent merger with Columbia Bank, we have grown to become a leading western-based regional bank with more than $50B in assets under management and an unwavering commitment to our associates, our customers, and our communities.
We create a great place to work by offering a special brand of relationship banking and by providing a culture where associates thrive. Associates who embody our core values fit in well here and we are eager to meet candidates who demonstrate behaviors that align with Trust, Ownership, Growth, Empathy, Teamwork, Heart, Enjoyment, and Relationships.
About the Role:
In support of the company’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, the ESG Reporting & Disclosure Analyst is responsible for internal and external reporting relating to ESG and sustainability. This includes supporting the annual ESG report and information published on the company’s website, ensuring they meet commitments and regulations aligned with leading frameworks such as GRI, VRF and TCFD. As part of the ESG and Sustainability team, this individual partners with content owners throughout the company providing subject matter expertise and cultivating engagement on sustainability and ESG reporting topics.
- Coordinate the production of the annual ESG report and maintain the ESG/Sustainability presence on the company’s website.
- Partner with the data management office, risk, audit, human resources, and other operational teams to expand the process by which data is gathered and stored ensuring ESG reporting is accurate and remains relevant for internal and external reporting.
- Manage GHG emissions reporting including Scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions calculations, as applicable, for internal and external reporting.
- Coordinate and/or participate in other aspects of reporting and disclosure, data verification processes and internal status reporting.
- Participate in the evaluation of leading reporting frameworks and develop recommendations for the bank’s future reporting.
- Support engagement with ESG ratings and rankings organizations.
- This individual is an ambassador for our ESG programs across the bank on key metric priorities and is a SME relating to ESG analysis, data collection data integrity and other related projects as needed.
- All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business, Data Science or Related Field.
- 2+ years’ experience in financial analysis, project management, data management or other related field. Experience with ESG Accounting or corporate sustainability reporting is preferred.
- Understanding of some/all the following standards and frameworks: GRI, SASB, TCFD, CDP ESG as well as the GHG protocol and underlying assumptions that support common ESG targets such as net zero, 100% renewable energy etc.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with the ability to perform to deadlines.
- A deep passion for fostering an inclusive and diverse work environment that enables all individuals to thrive by bringing their authentic selves to work.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative manner on execution; Comfortable with ambiguity, adapts to change and navigates large organizations with confidence.
- Well organized, detail oriented and proactive with the ability and confidence to use initiative.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency with personal computers and related software packages such as Word and Excel, and other business machines.
- Ability to travel occasionally to various locations.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base wages and comprehensive benefits. The pay range for this role is $49,330 to $102,061, and the pay rate for the selected candidate is dependent upon a variety of non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, education, and geographic location. The role may be eligible for performance-based incentive compensation and those details will be provided during the recruitment process.
We offer eligible associates comprehensive healthcare coverage (medical, dental, and vision plans), a 401(k)-retirement savings plan with employer match for qualifying associate contributions, an employee assistance program, life insurance, disability insurance, tuition assistance, mental health resources, identity theft protection, legal support, auto and home insurance, pet insurance, access to an online discount marketplace, and paid vacation, sick days, volunteer days, and holidays. Benefit eligibility begins the first day of the month following the date of hire for associates who are regularly scheduled to work at least thirty hours weekly.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Umpqua Bank is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to employing, engaging, and developing a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other applicable protected status or characteristics. If you require an accommodation to complete the application or interview(s), please let us know by email: [email protected]
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies:
Our posted job opportunities are only intended for individuals seeking employment at Umpqua Bank. Umpqua Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies and Umpqua Bank will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resume submissions. Staffing and recruiting agencies are not authorized to submit profiles, applications, or resumes to this site or to any Umpqua Bank employee and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited unless requested directly by a member of the Talent Acquisition team.