About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
Working at Columbia Threadneedle Investments you’ll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you’ll find growth and career opportunities across all of our businesses. We’re intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,500 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 650 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies, and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients’ specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter.
Job Purpose Statement
Where you’ll fit in & what our team goals are….
This is an exciting opportunity to join Columbia Threadneedle Investments as an ESG Investment Analyst. Responsibilities will include supporting the Fund Manager's of Fixed Income (FI) Funds, other FI team members and other departments.
A key part of the role is to provide support for the integration of Responsible Investment (RI) into the FI Investment process and to provide ongoing support to Fund Manager's who handle multiple, sophisticated RI funds, with different approaches/focusses.
You will be a key link between Portfolio Management, RI, Research and Distribution Teams and also provide data, presentations, commentaries, RFPs, and other materials on an ad-hoc basis.
How you'll spend your time....
- Assist on design and operationalise internal RI approaches to meet regulatory and commercial needs.
- Work to craft efficient solutions for specific client RI needs.
- Support for portfolio managers who handle multiple, sophisticated RI funds with various focusses.
- Provide specialist input into RI RFPs, questionnaires and reporting.
- Analytical support where RI data coverage is lacking.
- Provide desk level engagement and tracking, in conjunction with other teams where appropriate.
To be successful in this role you will have....
- Strong understanding of Fixed Income.
- Previous experience in ESG/RI.
- Inquisitive attitude, outcome-oriented approach, attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Willingness to be adaptable.
- Ability to work co-operatively with other teams and functions.
- Uses creativity, initiative, and dynamic thinking to find solutions.
- Developed organisation and communication skills.
- Data skills to help produce, organise and analyse sophisticated ESG data, with a particular emphasis on FI Funds.