Let’s be #BrilliantTogether
Institutional Shareholder Services is actively hiring for an ESG Junior Data Analyst (Mandarin Speaking).Overview
ISS ESG offers expertise across a full range of environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues – having worked with leading asset owners and asset managers to develop solutions to integrate Responsible Investment (RI) into the creation of long term value based on market understanding and expert analysis.Responsibilities
- Completing basic and advanced desk research and analysis on companies’ management of environmental and social risks and compliance with international norms on responsible business conduct
- Learning about environmental, social and governance trends and issues and ability to acquire specific knowledge about the dominant issues for a number of industries.
- Attend to internal/client queries and requests to ensure data captured is aligned with data methodology and policy guidelines
- Comply with established work process standards to ensure quality of data collected
- Meet pre-determined turn-around goals for work assignments
- Escalate data interpretation issues, as needed
- Perform root-cause analysis if data issues are identified
- Update internal documents for performance metrics monitoring
- Participate in working committees/ projects and/or tasks aside from his/her core responsibilities
- Maintain appropriate paper and electronic files as required by ISS and client file retention policies
FRESH GRADUATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Geology, Environmental Science, Social Sciences, International Studies, or any equivalent/related course.
- Experience in data collection and analysis, or knowledge in ESG and business research would be an advantage
- Knowledge and experience in using MS Office.
- Excellent reading comprehension and language skills in both written and oral (Required fluency in English and Mandarin)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with clear attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and work under tight deadlines.
- Fast learner, able to master new concepts, theories, ideas and processes with ease.
- Willingness to work beyond traditional working hours/days as required by the business.
This role is open for candidates in Manila/Mumbai or Sydney.
JG1What You Can Expect From Us
Our people are the moving force behind ISS. We are dedicated to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry and empowering them with the resources and support to enhance their career, health, financial and personal well-being.
We are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We are invested in our people and are working every day to ensure a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
Let’s empower, collaborate, and inspire one another.
Let’s be #BrilliantTogether
ISS empowers investors and companies to build for long-term and sustainable growth by providing high-quality data, analytics, and insight. We are committed to positively impacting the environment and society through our market-leading solutions and leading by example.
Specifically, the ISS ESG solutions enable investors to develop and integrate responsible investing policies and practices, engage on responsible investment issues, and monitor portfolio company practices through screening solutions. It provides climate data, analytics, and advisory services to help financial market participants understand, measure, and act on climate-related risks across all asset classes. In addition, ISS ESG solutions cover corporate and country ESG research and ratings, enabling its clients to identify material social and environmental risks and opportunities.
Visit our website: https://www.issgovernance.com
View additional open roles: https://www.issgovernance.com/join-the-iss-team/Institutional Shareholder Services (“ISS”) is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. It is our policy to prohibit discrimination or harassment against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, creed, religion, sex, age, height, weight, citizenship status, national origin, social origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, pregnancy status, marital status, familial status, mental or physical disability, veteran status, military service or status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as “protected status”). All activities including, but not limited to, recruiting and hiring, recruitment advertising, promotions, performance appraisals, training, job assignments, compensation, demotions, transfers, terminations (including layoffs), benefits, and other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, are and will be administered on a non-discriminatory basis, consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local requirements.