At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly.
As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities . To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role.Background
The M&G plc Treasury & Investment Office (T&IO) is responsible for the management of Prudential UK's With-Profits, Annuity and Unit-Linked funds, with more than £150bn of funds under management. T&IO works closely with the various asset management businesses within the M&G plc Group, and other external managers, to structure multi-asset portfolios aligned with the investment objectives of our clients.Role:
- Responsible for the delivery of Asset Owner climate commitments, including development, review and implementation of NZAOA targets and decarbonisation investment strategy for M&G's life portfolios, covering annuity, with profits and unit-linked business
- Leading broader ESG investment research and analysis an investment strategy formulation for the Investment Office for the same portfolios
- Leading engagement and collaboration with the internal manager's Climate Team, fund managers and sector analysts, covering global public and private assets mandates, ensuring appropriate alignment with and challenge of ESG/Sustainable investment policies, practices and commitments
- Representing M&G on external working groups and events, and contributing T&IO views on various regulatory and disclosure initiatives and submissions
- Accountable for delivery of wider company, strategic ESG project milestones, reporting requirements and priorities, primarily in relation to climate risk
- Monitoring adherence of asset managers and portfolios to the asset owner ESG investment Policy alongside other key stakeholders
- Supporting governance, risk management, attestation and administrative requirements.
Skills and experience:
- Carrying out ESG research at macro, mandate and individual company level to inform both the level of adherence with and to develop ESG investment policy investment strategy. Primarily with a focus on Environmental (decarbonisation) targets and strategy, but with wider ESG/Sustainability themes considered.
- Lead and own relationship with the UN Convened Net Zero Asset Owner Alliance (NZAOA), including monitoring and communication of developments and changes within member commitments.
- Lead and own engagement with internal Climate Team and fund managers across both public and private asset classes, ensuring awareness and alignment of ESG/Sustainability priorities as appropriate to AO and AM commitments.
- Compiling and writing ESG related reports (both regulatory and financial) on behalf of the asset owner entity of M&G plc, including, but not limited to ARA reporting, Sustainability Report, ORSA, TCFD reporting, CBES, SFDR, Stewardship Code and UN Principles of Responsible Investment.
- Carrying out holdings level monitoring and screening from an ESG/Sustainability perspective, including current and potential areas of future focus.
- Providing T&IO views of emerging regulation, standards and controversies to bodies including the FCA, PRA, ABI, TPT and NGOs.
- Oversight of engagement, assessment and monitoring of external managers environmental and broader ESG/Sustainability policies and performance.
- Enabling colleagues in other functions of M&G plc and external stakeholders to understand ESG investment strategy and policy on behalf of the asset owner.
- Compiling ESG-related management information on asset owner portfolios in order to improve and inform ESG reporting.
- Enabling functions within the asset owner to integrate and implement ESG.
- Mentoring junior colleagues and line management responsibility.
This role is ideally suited to someone who can demonstrate:
QUALIFICATIONS (if Applicable)
- Strong knowledge of ESG topics and investment considerations, along with applicable regulations and reporting requirements
- Ability to research unfamiliar and technical topics and translate findings into investment recommendations, policies and positions in the context of insurance investments
- A good grasp of all asset classes and their roles in multi-asset and annuity portfolios
- Comfort in working with and presenting to stakeholders across different functions and knowledge bases
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and deliver work in a flexible manner
- Build good relationships internally and externally
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Effective analytical skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Line management experience
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- IMC, CFA or ESG qualification desirable
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.