Your Team Responsibilities
MSCI ESG Research is seeking an Associate to join our Models and R&D team, which is responsible for maintenance of existing methodologies and for development of new methodologies and innovative frameworks to quantify environmental, social, and governance (ESG) risks. The selected candidate will primarily support maintenance and validation of MSCI’s ESG models.
We are seeking an individual with strong quantitative and problem-solving skills as well as an interest in ESG issues. Critical thinking, curiosity, and an ability to overcome data challenges with creative solutions are essential to thrive in this high impact role.
What We Will Offer You
- At MSCI we are passionate about what we do, and we are inspired by our purpose – to power better investment decisions. You’ll be part of an industry-leading network of creative, curious, and entrepreneurial pioneers. This is a space where you can challenge yourself, set new standards and perform beyond expectations for yourself, our clients, and our industry.
- Wherever you are located you will find transparent compensation schemes and employee benefits that can help ensure your financial security and health. While they vary by different locations, we offer a broad range of benefits that are part of the value you receive as an MSCI employee.
- Our flexible ways of working will allow you to maximize your potential, and we will empower you with the trust, accountability, and advanced technology to perform at your very best.
- You’ll find a purposeful approach to wellbeing to provide you with all the resources you need to be your best at work and in your personal life. Our ‘Here For You’ Employee Assistance Program is available for our employees globally, providing confidential emotional support, financial and legal advice free of charge.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Contribute to the maintenance and validation of existing and new models used to assess a company’s exposure to environmental, social, and governance risks and opportunities
- Spearhead the development and implementation of in-house model validation processes
- Use statistical methods and programing to analyze, interpret, and visualize data and signals
- Report findings in a simple way to internal as well as external stakeholders such as institutional investor clients and regulators
- Implement, test and document computations used in ESG models
- Promote best engineering practices to ensure quality assurance
Your Skills And Experience That Will Help You Excel
- 3-7 years of full-time professional experience in quantitative research, model validation or data science role
- Minimum of Bachelors' degree required; Advanced degree in a related field (Finance, Statistics, Engineering, Business) is preferred
- Strong analytical capabilities and advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and software development, particularly Python are a must-have
- Ability to overcome data quality challenges with creative solutions, including familiarity with alternative, unstructured data
- Experience with ESG analysis is not a pre-requisite, but candidate should have a demonstrated interest in environmental, social, or governance issues
- Self-motivated, pro-active and demonstrating an exceptional drive towards delivery.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a multi-cultural and geographically distributed team
How We’ll Support You
- Our culture of high performance and innovation relies on our people sharing their knowledge and lifting each other up. You’ll be surrounded by a collaborative, global network of talented colleagues who will support and inspire you to do the best work of your career.
- We believe new and challenging experiences drive personal growth and innovation. With the right challenges, encouragement, and development support you can shape your own career experience. Career paths are multi-directional, and we encourage and support internal mobility to help you identify new opportunities to progress and take control of your future.
- As a new joiner you’ll be enrolled on our Global Orientation interactive learning experience to set you up for success.
- Our tailored learning opportunities will enable you to acquire the skills you need at your own pace, choosing between the courses and certifications best suited to you. Our Learning@MSCI platform coupled with access to LinkedIn Learning Pro will provide you with all the resources you need for to accelerate your professional growth.
- At MSCI we act in ways that encourage respect for all voices, ensuring that everyone can be themselves and feel like they are a part of the company. We are intentional about ensuring that everyone is treated fairly and supported with equal opportunities to succeed.
- We have eight MSCI Employee Resource Groups: All Abilities, Asian Support Network, Black Leadership Network, Climate Action Network, Hola! MSCI, Pride & Allies, Women in Tech, and Women’s Leadership Forum.
About MSCI And Our Teams
MSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community. With over 50 years of expertise in research, data, and technology, we power better investment decisions by enabling clients to understand and analyze key drivers of risk and return and confidently build more effective portfolios. We create industry-leading research-enhanced solutions that clients use to gain insight into and improve transparency across the investment process.
To learn about life at MSCI visit careers.msci.com, follow us on LinkedIn and Glassdoor or join our Talent Community.
To all recruitment agencies
MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location, or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected parental leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. MSCI is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please email Disability.Assistance@msci.com and indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. Please note, this e-mail is intended only for individuals who are requesting a reasonable workplace accommodation; it is not intended for other inquiries.
Note on recruitment scams
We are aware of recruitment scams where fraudsters impersonating MSCI personnel may try and elicit personal information from job seekers. Read our full note on our careers site.