This exciting new role will be responsible for overseeing Vodafone’s policy approach to Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance topics, and representing Vodafone to external stakeholders.
At Vodafone we have taken great strides to integrate Sustainability into our core business through our Purpose strategy. We have assessed where we can have the greatest impact on the societies we operate in, and set ambitious goals to achieve this, including becoming Net Zero by 2040 and providing 75 million people with access to mobile financial services by 2026.
As sustainability rises up the policy agenda and becomes increasingly regulated, we are investing in our capacity to play a role in the ESG policy debate, and engage with policymakers on the topic.What You’ll Do
- Monitor and analyse developments in ESG policy and regulation impacting Vodafone globally, with a key focus on the EU. Assess materiality to Vodafone in order to prioritise engagement efforts (20%).
- Develop policy positions, consultation responses and engagement plans for ESG topics, working closely with colleagues in Vodafone’s EU engagement office (40%).
- Represent Vodafone to key external ESG stakeholders, and at key fora including the European Digital for Green Coalition and the European Roundtable of Industrialists (25%).
- Prepare Vodafone Senior Leadership for political engagement on ESG topics, and integrate Sustainability considerations into broader policy messaging for Vodafone (15%)
You will report to Vodafone’s Global Head of Sustainability and Transparency, and work closely with passionate and friendly colleagues in Vodafone’s Sustainability team and broader External Affairs function.Who You Are
Not a perfect fit?
- You have a strong knowledge base of ESG policy topics, and familiarity with key ESG concepts.
- You have experience drafting policy positions and consultation responses.
- You can demonstrate thought leadership around ESG, the role of businesses in society, and the transition to low-carbon economies.
- You are familiar with the EU political landscape and understand how ESG topics are evolving.
- You are comfortable representing an organisation to external stakeholders.
Worried that you don’t meet all the desired criteria exactly? At Vodafone we are passionate about Inclusion for All and creating a workplace where everyone can thrive, whatever their personal or professional background. If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align exactly with every part of the job description, we encourage you to apply as you may be the right candidate for this role or another role, and our recruitment team can help you see how your skills fit in.Together we can