The ESG Reporting & Disclosure Manager will enhance Pure Storage’s reputation across environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues by supporting our ESG strategy, leading our ESG reporting and disclosure, and driving strategic analysis. In this role, the ideal candidate will liaise with internal and external stakeholders to deepen relationships and enhance and streamline annual and ad hoc ESG reporting. Candidate will work closely with internal business partners, including finance, legal, investor relations, operations, marketing, communications and subject matter experts across the business to advise on ESG risks and opportunities with the goal of positioning Pure Storage as a leader in ESG. Candidate will build relationships with external stakeholders to gather insights and input on emerging ESG risks and opportunities, customer and investor care about, regulatory changes, and Pure Storage’s ESG messaging, impact and reporting. The ideal candidate will have ESG subject matter expertise, strong communication and collaboration skills, be detail oriented and be able to grasp issues quickly. In this role, the ideal candidate will help drive year over year improvement in ESG reporting and disclosure across industry ratings and rankings, stakeholder inquiries as well as annual reporting.
- Develop and implement ESG reporting strategies in support of our ESG organization in a timely, relevant and engaging manner.
- Oversee ESG materiality assessments.
- Manage, from concept to implementation, the development of the annual ESG Report with internal and external partners including agency management, content and data collection, editing, reviews and approvals.
- Oversee data collection and submissions to ESG ratings and research firms including CDP, S&P Global, MSCI, Sustainalytics, EcoVadis, and others.
- Review and interpret data and reports summarized by ESG firms and rating agencies, partner with firms/agencies to update and ensure accuracy of data reported.
- Engage all relevant departments to support data governance and controls, and identify accountabilities for stakeholder data needs.
- Benchmark reporting and disclosure practices, conduct ESG gap analyses, and make recommendations for enhancements in metrics and disclosure.
- Analyze ESG performance and positioning; track progress, identify opportunities for improvement.
- Identify emerging ESG challenges and opportunities by attending external forums and working groups, and ongoing tracking of ESG developments to inform internal stakeholders and advise on appropriate actions.
- Work closely with global communications and brand marketing colleagues to develop visually compelling reports, fact sheets, web content and other ESG related content and communications for a variety of stakeholders and channels.
- Support development of presentations and communications to inform ESG Executive Sponsors and the Board.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 6 years proven success guiding strategy and managing multiple ESG/sustainability/CSR programs/projects.
- Excellent program management, collaboration and communication skills, including visualizing data for a given audience.
- Ability to work cross functionally to engage, track and advise on a broad set of ESG topics.
- Ability to identify ESG performance gaps, communicate the risk or opportunity, and develop action plans to mitigate or amplify a given issue.
- Ability to translate ESG issues into effective reporting narratives and visuals.
- Experience with ESG reporting standards, requirements and frameworks, e.g. SASB, TCFD, GRI, etc., and producing ESG reporting content for a global audience.
- Ability to manage multi-faceted, high visibility initiatives with calm demeanor and attention to detail.
- Resourceful, self-motivated and able to independently prioritize shifting workloads in a high growth, fast paced environment.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization structure with a large group of ESG content owners and approvers.
- Experience working successfully to drive cross-functional alignment with highly distributed teams.
- Passionate about making an impact through ESG.
The annual base salary range is: $127,000 – $191,000. Salary ranges are determined based on role, level and location. For positions open to candidates in multiple geographical locations, the base salary range is reflective of the labor market across the applicable locations.
This role may be eligible for incentive pay and/or equity.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events - check out purebenefits.com for more information.