Let’s be #BrilliantTogether
ISS ESG seeks an experienced ESG research and methodology specialist to join the Global ESG Methodology team’s SDG Impact & Thematic Solutions division in Mumbai (or secondary in Manila).Overview
ESG Methodology is a horizontal function across all ESG research and solution verticals, ensuring high quality and consistency of methodologies, innovative solutions and gold standard in research and resulting signals. As part of the SDG Impact and Thematic Solutions unit within the Global ESG Methodology team, the focus of the role will be driving business critical methodology and quality management projects related to biodiversity, the Sustainable Development Goals, and other thematic topics.
ISS ESG’s Global ESG Methodology & Quality team is based in Germany, India, the UK, Sweden, the Philippines, Australia, and Belgium. The successful candidate will work both independently as well as collaboratively with the local team and colleagues across our global offices. Working in a dynamic market and international environment, we put great emphasis on cooperation and offer a welcoming, collegial working atmosphere.Applicants should submit both a CV and cover letter.
- Develop expertise and take co-ownership of ISS ESG’s methodologies for impact and revenue-based solutions such as the Biodiversity Impact Assessment Tool, SDG Solutions Assessment, SDG Impact Rating, Water Risk Rating and/or Screening;
- Work on business-critical methodology projects, related among others to the developments/ enhancements of thematic solutions (e.g. biodiversity, deforestation, regenerative agriculture, cyber, water, circular economy…) and sustainable investing labels and standards;
- Build a thorough understanding of other ISS ESG solutions such as ESG Corporate Ratings, Norm-Based Research and Regulatory Solutions & closely collaborate with relevant specialists to ensure aligned and consistent approaches and methodology developments;
- Establish deep relationships and partner with research, product and client-facing teams to facilitate methodology developments;
- Provide service/support to internal and external stakeholders in the form of explaining the methodology behind our solutions;
- Ensure methodology documentation (internal and external) and provide input to database developments;
- Contribute to Thought Leadership pieces, and engage in industry events;
- Monitor developments in the responsible investment space (e.g. TNFD, SBTN), review and affirm alignment of our methodology with relevant regulatory and voluntary standards.
"We offer a hybrid work schedule of 3 days in the office and 2 days work from home."
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, in Environmental/ESG Research, sustainability consulting, sustainable finance, or similar;
- Keen interest and knowledge of biodiversity, respective reporting standards, frameworks and developments;
- Technical understanding of data analysis and impact measurements (LCA experience is a bonus);
- Excellent analytical and technical skills, no fear of working with data (Python and R is a plus);
- Conceptual thinking aptitude and independent way of working;
- Solutions- and execution-oriented approach;
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders in a dynamic work environment;
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in sustainable finance and with the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
#ESGWhat You Can Expect From Us
Our people are the moving force behind ISS. We are dedicated to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry and empowering them with the resources and support to enhance their career, health, financial and personal well-being.
We are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We are invested in our people and are working every day to ensure a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
Let’s empower, collaborate, and inspire one another.
Let’s be #BrilliantTogether
ISS empowers investors and companies to build for long-term and sustainable growth by providing high-quality data, analytics, and insight. We are committed to positively impacting the environment and society through our market-leading solutions and leading by example.
Specifically, the ISS ESG solutions enable investors to develop and integrate responsible investing policies and practices, engage on responsible investment issues, and monitor portfolio company practices through screening solutions. It provides climate data, analytics, and advisory services to help financial market participants understand, measure, and act on climate-related risks across all asset classes. In addition, ISS ESG solutions cover corporate and country ESG research and ratings, enabling its clients to identify material social and environmental risks and opportunities.
Visit our website: https://www.issgovernance.com
View additional open roles: https://www.issgovernance.com/join-the-iss-team/Institutional Shareholder Services (“ISS”) is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. It is our policy to prohibit discrimination or harassment against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, creed, religion, sex, age, height, weight, citizenship status, national origin, social origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, pregnancy status, marital status, familial status, mental or physical disability, veteran status, military service or status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as “protected status”). All activities including, but not limited to, recruiting and hiring, recruitment advertising, promotions, performance appraisals, training, job assignments, compensation, demotions, transfers, terminations (including layoffs), benefits, and other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, are and will be administered on a non-discriminatory basis, consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local requirements.