About this role: Wells Fargo Commercial Bank provides financial solutions to businesses with annual sales generally in excess of $5M. Its subordinate lines of business are Credit Solutions, Client Coverage and Client Strategy and Capital Management.
Wells Fargo Commercial Bank is seeking a Senior Lead Business Execution Consultant to join its Commercial Bank Climate and Sustainable Growth team. The role will report to Director, Commercial Bank Climate and Sustainable Growth within the Renewable Energy and Environmental Finance (REEF) group.
The Team's Main Areas Of Responsibility Include
The Climate and Sustainable Growth Team is a small core team that drives all aspects of Climate implementation and sustainable finance efforts effort across commercial bank.
- Developing the Commercial Bank Climate/sustainable Finance Growth strategy in concert with the Enterprise Climate and Sustainability strategy.
- Supporting target planning, disclosure and reporting for reducing Financed Emissions.
- Supporting reporting and disclosure of Sustainable Financing progress. (Green Financing)
- Developing strategies and products/features to assist our customers on their low-carbon journey with appropriate financing in concert with business leaders.
- Partnering with Data and Technology partners to automate, sustain and enhance disclosures and reporting and to inform and synchronize business efforts.
- Integrating the climate effort into the Wells Fargo Risk Management Framework and fulfilling regulatory requirements.
- Providing relevant resources, education and training to our internal and customer facing teams in support of climate strategies and goals.
- Providing program governance, resourcing and financial and deliverable management.
In this role, you will:
- Lead interaction with the Enterprise Financial Emissions Disclosure, Targeting and Reporting team, the lines of business and Financed Emissions reporting teams within Commercial Bank.
- In cooperation with data partners, manage Front Line Tasks for the aggregation and reporting of commercial lending data.
- Develop Commercial Bank portion of Financed Emissions transition plans for each sector with appropriate targets.
- Coordinate business readiness efforts, inclusive of communications and training, in support of Financed Emissions related policy, procedure and system changes.
- Support the implementation and sustainment of Risk Control and Self Assurance (RCSA) requirements for Financed Emissions processes.
- Facilitate audits.
- Support Sustainable Finance Growth and Sustainable Finance reporting workstreams as needed.
- Lead approach to and resolution of highly complex and unique challenges related to Financed Emissions that require solid analytical skills and understanding of business, delivering long term and large-scale solutions.
- Act as a Business Execution advisor to leadership to drive performance and initiatives, and develop and implement information delivery or presentations to key stakeholders and senior management
- Engage all levels of professionals and managers across multiple lines of businesses and serve as an experienced advisor.
- Lead team meetings or steering committee to facilitate decision making and support implementation of recommendations and plans.
- Provide direction to a cross functional team using business expertise.
- 7+ years of Business Execution, Implementation, or Strategic Planning experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Preferred experience with Commercial Banking businesses, products, systems and the commercial lending domain.
- Experience in the Climate ESG domain relative to the finance industry with insight to Net Zero Banking Alliance (NZBA) and climate commitments.
- Working knowledge of the developing regulatory environment related to Climate and ESG.
- Experience in commercial banking finance, compliance, operations, or risk management leadership roles.
- Experience in data and analytics and end to end business solutions.
- Strategic planning experience in translating leadership vision into executable strategies and initiatives.
- Strong leadership in a matrixed organization environment.
- Strong communication and influencing skills to build effective partnerships/collaborations with lines of business and enterprise groups to deliver complex or high-profile projects.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to identify and resolve problems.
- Ability to identify inefficiencies, opportunities to streamline business processes, and implement change.
- 550 S Tyron St Charlotte, NC
- 90 South 7th St Minneapolis, MN
- 401 B St San Diego, CA
- 420 Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA
Charlotte, North Carolina- $120,400-$250,000 annual
Minneapolis, Minnesota- $120,400-$250,000 annual
San Diego, California - $126,400-$262,600 annual
San Francisco, California -$138,500-$287,600 annual
Salary range is determined by location of the job. May be considered for a discretionary bonus, Restricted Share Rights, or other long-term incentive awards.
$120,400.00 - $250,000.00 Annual
Wells Fargo provides all eligible full- and part-time employees with a comprehensive set of benefits designed to protect their physical and financial health and to help them make the most of their financial future. Visit Benefits - Wells Fargo Careers for an overview of the following benefit plans and programs offered to employees.
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Critical Caregiving Leave
- Discounts and Savings
- Health Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Scholarships for dependent children
- Adoption Reimbursement
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.