EDPR is leading the energy transition, targeting to have 100% renewable energy generation by 2030 (“All green”). Between 2023-2026 we aspire to add > 4GW/year of renewable capacity, doubling its current footprint in both solar and wind.
Given the growth ambition, the numerous interfaces Global Procurement team has with internal and external stakeholders, having up-to-date process, market intelligence knowledge and digitalization mindset is critical to allow the Global procurement teams working in an optimized way.
The Procurement Process & Technology Advantage Associate will be responsible for implementing the rules, policies, and processes governing procurement activities within the organization, with a focus on supply chain resilience, sustainability and responsible sourcing. The Associate will also be responsible for ensuring compliance with these rules and facilitating communication and coordination with key stakeholders across the organization.
- Implement and/or update procurement policies and procedures, ensuring alignment with company goals and objectives, as well as legal and regulatory requirements. This includes policies and procedures related to sustainability and responsible sourcing.
- Maintain a procurement governance framework that ensures compliance with policies and procedures, while also enabling flexibility and agility. The governance framework will also include ESG metrics and targets aligned with the ESG department.
- Evaluate, select, and implement digital tools to support procurement processes and optimize efficiency, as well as tools for spend data and analytics. Ensure that procurement teams are properly trained on the use of these tools and that they are integrated into existing procurement processes. Work with IT and other stakeholders to ensure that these tools are aligned with IT strategy, cybersecurity and data protection regulations. Additionally, oversee the maintenance and support of these tools to ensure that they are functioning properly and meeting procurement needs. Finally, monitor developments in digital procurement tools and make recommendations for updates or enhancements as necessary
- Supplier Management: Implement processes for supplier onboarding, performance evaluation, and development. This includes overseeing supplier qualification processes, tracking supplier performance against established KPIs, conducting supplier audits, and identifying opportunities for supplier improvement or development.
- Define and manage the procurement category tree classification and spend analysis process, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of procurement data and insights. This includes analyzing spend data to identify ESG risks and opportunities and developing strategies to address them.
- Implement and manage a supply chain risk control and traceability program that includes due diligence, risk assessments, and audits of suppliers. This program will also include traceability of materials and products through the supply chain to ensure compliance with ESG requirements and to mitigate risks such as forced labor, child labor, and environmental damage.
- Facilitate stakeholder communication and collaboration, particularly with legal, risk, finance, subject matter experts and user groups, to ensure alignment and consistency across the organization. This includes working closely with the sustainability team to develop and implement the company's ESG strategy and reporting. Work closely with the legal department to standardize tender documents and contract templates and provide guidance to procurement on how to handle tradeoffs and deviations from standard documents.
- Implement communication strategies to ensure that all stakeholders, including internal and external parties, are informed of procurement policies, procedures, and best practices. This includes overseeing the publication of procurement-related information on the company website and intranet, as well as developing training materials and conducting training sessions for procurement teams and other stakeholders
- Tracking, and reporting on key performance indicators (KPIs) for the procurement function. This includes identifying KPIs that are aligned with the company's overall strategy and goals, as well as developing processes for data collection and analysis. Work closely with procurement teams and other stakeholders to ensure that KPIs are clearly defined, consistently tracked, and properly reported.
- Give support in controlling the budget for the procurement department
- Participate in cross-functional projects related to procurement and ESG, as assigned.
No direct reports expected.
Willingness to travel internationally when required
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or related field. A degree in sustainability or environmental management is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in similar position or in consulting
- Behavioral requirements
- Strong understanding of procurement processes and best practices. Knowledge of sustainable procurement frameworks such GRI is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and initiatives. Experience with supply chain risk management and traceability programs is preferred.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with experience working cross-functionally and with senior leadership. Experience working with sustainability and ESG teams is preferred.
- Experience with digital procurement tools and solutions, such as e-procurement platforms, contract management systems, and supplier relationship management tools. Knowledge of ESG data management and reporting tools is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with spend analysis and category management. Knowledge of ESG data analysis and reporting is preferred.
- Procurement certification (e.g. CSCP, CPSM, CPM) and/or sustainability certification (e.g. GRI, ISSP) is a plus..
- Very strong work-ethic, communication skills, multi-tasking abilities and innovative thinking with a focus on challenging and improving the status-quo
- Strong analytical skills and capacity of organize the information
- Strong knowledge of Office package (PowerPoint, Word, Excel...)
- Ability to be self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal abilities to build and maintain good relationships with all stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment.