SBA is one of the top 20 Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) based on market capitalization. Since 1989 SBA Communications has been a leading independent owner and operator of wireless communications infrastructure. Currently in 16 countries and growing, we are seeking career minded individuals who want to feel valued and work in a fast-paced company. You can search our openings, review our benefits, and learn more about SBA Communications by visiting https://www.sbasite.com
Your Next Career Opportunity – Global Sustainability Program Manager
The Corporate Sustainability Strategy team is responsible for the development and execution of the Company's Sustainability Strategy, establishing short-, medium-, and long-term corporate sustainability goals and programs that drive shareholder value and competitive positioning. The team leads the development and delivery of the Company's annual Sustainability Report in alignment with environmental, social, and governance (ESG) reporting standards and stakeholder expectations (shareholders, customers, suppliers, communities, and team members).
The Global Sustainability Program Manager will support the Company's sustainability efforts, advising the Senior Director, Corporate Sustainability Strategy on relevant sustainability issues, emerging topics, and strategic opportunities to deliver the Company's sustainability strategy, annual sustainability report, and program commitments. The Program Manager will be responsible for the project management of several cross-functional initiatives and for conducting ESG research and data analyses.
What You Will Do – Primary Responsibilities
- Support the development and delivery of the Company’s annual Sustainability Report in alignment with ESG reporting standards and stakeholder expectations.
- Manage the climate-risk quantification and emissions accounting to meet future compliance reporting obligations and assurance requirements.
- Drive analysis of quantitative and qualitative ESG data.
- Project manage cross-functional sustainability initiatives to support the Company’s sustainability strategy.
- Prepare periodic reports to track performance against targets and key ESG metrics. Track expenditures pertaining to annual sustainability initiatives.
- Drive preparation of responses to leading ESG rating agencies and the Company’s key customers to optimize ESG scores and achieve market recognition.
- Draft presentation material and provide input to management reports.
- Oversee and review the work of Analysts, provide guidance and coaching.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need – Qualifications & Requirements
- Master's Degree in Business, Sustainability, or related field of study;
- and 5+ years related business experience, management consulting experience preferred.
- Carbon accounting experience.
- Proficiency in ESG Reporting Standards: TCFD, TNFD, SASB, and GRI.
- Proficiency in GHG Protocol Standards.
- Proficiency in SBTi Standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge and advanced proficiency working with Microsoft Office Suite software including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook.
- Domestic Travel 10% of the time Equivalent to (1) one day per month.
- Valid Government Issued Driver's License
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Preferred
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals With Disabilities
Our people are passionate about what they do, the product they sell, and the customers they serve. If you're looking for an opportunity to be a part of a work family that values collaboration, innovation and dedication, we're the right company for you.