We are committed to making a positive difference by delivering sustainable outcomes in all our activities and to continuously improve our performance. Our ambition is to enable people and planet to thrive and secure the long-term resilience of communities and the world in which they live. The Group ESG & Sustainability team is key to achieving this ambition. We do so by shaping and driving Mott MacDonald’s ESG & sustainability agenda, building capabilities and help to deliver on our commitments, such as achieving net-zero by 2040 or embedding climate risk into the decisions we make. We operate in a highly innovative and evolving space. We help the business understand and respond to emerging trends and requirements, embedding sustainability in everything we do.
We have a vacancy for a Graduate Carbon Reduction Advisor to join our central team in the UK. The role will involve supporting Mott MacDonald Group’s activities to advance our net-zero commitments as well as supporting on our wider ESG and sustainability work streams.
You will be based in our Brighton, Bristol or London offices. We encourage you to become part of our vibrant and dynamic workplaceWe are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
As part of your role, you will also be supporting the wider carbon reduction team by
We are looking for a Graduate Carbon Reduction Advisor to join our growing virtual team, based in Brighton, London and Bristol. You will primarily be supporting on delivering carbon reduction measures to support our scope 3 science-based targets.
- Assisting in the delivery of the Group carbon reduction plan and ESG strategy;
- Investigating methods and opportunities to reduce the Group’s wider scope 3 emissions;
- Supporting on our science-based engagement target on purchased goods and services by assisting the procurement teams to embed a low carbon procurement process.;
- Investigating and implementing opportunities to reduce waste across our offices and investigate opportunities for resource efficiency;
- Assisting in the communication and sharing of the work undertaken with the global business;
- Assisting with collecting data and analysing corporate information for annual disclosures;
- Assisting with the calculations of the Group carbon footprint annually;
- Undertaking ESG research to inform the Group ESG strategy, processes and systems and keeping abreast of changes in the ESG external landscape.
Essential Academic, Professional Qualification, Experience, Competencies And Skills
The successful candidate will be proactive, enthusiastic and eager to play a part in reducing our global carbon footprint. You will possess / be:
- Knowledge and experience using the Greenhouse Gas Protocol and ISO 14064 to deliver corporate carbon footprints
- Some experience is required on carbon footprinting, carbon reporting, carbon reduction, resource efficiency
- Knowledge of efforts (initiatives/project/commitments) in the industry to reduce the carbon impact of corporate activities (and ideally participation in such endeavours)
- Some understanding of ESG disclosures and related legal requirements
- A degree / post-graduate qualification(s) in a relevant discipline
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and collaborate at all levels
- Good report writing and presentation skills
- Good numerical analytical skills, including the use of Excel and other tools
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise workload effectively
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with the ability to work as part of team and independently as required
- Desirable academic, professional qualification, experience, competencies and skills:
- Knowledge of the Circular Economy (CE) and experience of implementing CE interventions
- Knowledge of Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) and some experience undertaking such disclosures
- Knowledge of Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) and annual disclosures
- Membership with a professional environmental institution
About Your Development
A graduate position should be more than just a job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with our graduate roles, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll support you on your journey to gaining chartered status with your chosen institution.
What else is involved?
You’ll be enrolled onto Accelerate Your Future, a structured three-year soft-skills development programme which develops the strengths that we know graduates need to be successful at Mott MacDonald. It also gives you the opportunity to network and meet other graduates in your cohort. The programme is a mix of residential events, classroom-based learning, virtual webinars, and CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) challenges. We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You will have the opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our Social Outcomes and the difference we can make!
Did you know that Mott MacDonald are Work180 accredited – which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: in addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension up to 7% of your salary: we have the best people on our team, and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
Our social side
Being part of Mott MacDonald means more than just work, there’s a huge range of fun and exciting things that you can get involved in.
From the moment you join us, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your social and professional network, whether it’s meeting other graduates or joining forces with other members of staff from around the company at our annual sports day. Each of our offices have a sports and social committee which will give you the chance to be part of a variety of sports, social and charity events. We’re committed to promoting a strong culture of social responsibility and encourage our staff to play active roles in the local community.
It's worth noting that sports and social committees tend to vary from office to office, so as well as getting involved in what’s already on offer, don’t be afraid to suggest new events or initiatives that you think could be a great addition.
It doesn’t stop there. As well as events, you’ll also have access to discounts on cinema tickets, travel, fashion, utilities and much more as part of our company benefits which you can take advantage of the moment you join.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More About Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence
England - South East
Europe and Central Asia