About The Role
Grade Level (for internal use):
08S&P Global Dow Jones Indices
Graduate Global R&D Associate (2024)The Team
The Global Research & Design team within S&P Dow Jones Indices consists of highly numerate, computer literate, thoughtful and curious individuals with a remarkable enthusiasm to learn and collaborate. The team is responsible for all elements of the design process underpinning new S&P index launches. The team are experts in portfolio construction techniques and financial theories and how to apply them into innovative index solutions to meet client’s needs. The team’s work includes background research, data gathering, client-engagement, back-testing and finalizing index methodologies. Index designs cover potentially all asset-classes, with product lines focusing on global equities, thematics, factors, dividends, multi-asset, fixed income and commodities. Environment, Social and Governance (ESG), climate and other sustainable investing objectives are often dominant themes.The Impact
The role involves direct engagement with clients on the design of new indices critical to supporting revenue growth for the business. An awareness of topical market trends and a desire to translate clients’ investment objectives into systematic, passive index strategies can have a direct impact on the success of the end products in the market. Particularly successful new index launches can have tens of billions of dollars in AUM linked to them.What’s In It For You
- Gain exposure to alternative data sets, sophisticated portfolio construction techniques, and a broad range of quantitative methods in finance.
- Interact with a wide range of strategic global clients encompassing asset owners, asset managers, ETF providers, exchanges and investment banks.
- Assigned to global cross-functional teams offering opportunities to work closely with many divisions and people across the business.
- Opportunity to contribute to the construction of new R&D python-based platforms to help enable a more effective and efficient environment for the team.
What We’re Looking For
- Support in the research and design of new indices
- Understand and transform complex datasets
- Run historical time-series simulations (back tests) to evaluate new index concepts and their delivery of index objectives
- Prepare and update presentation slides for internal and external events
- Utilize programming skills in a proficient manner to ensure robust and efficient index design and support internal platforms
- Write finalized index methodology documents for external use
About S&P Global Dow Jones Indices
- Degree in computer science, math, engineering, economics, or finance strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Python and/or Matlab strongly preferred.
- An interest in expanding financial knowledge through CFA
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent analytical and quantitative capabilities to solve original, non-routine problems in a timely and insightful manner
- Must be able to work independently and in collaboration with other team members multiple projects.
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, we provide iconic and innovative index solutions backed by unparalleled expertise across the asset-class spectrum. By bringing transparency to the global capital markets, we empower investors everywhere to make decisions with conviction. We’re the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world. With over USD 7.4 trillion in passively managed assets linked to our indices and over USD 11.3 trillion benchmarked to our indices, our solutions are widely considered indispensable in tracking market performance, evaluating portfolios and developing investment strategies.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets. With every one of our offerings, we help many of the world’s leading organizations navigate the economic landscape so they can plan for tomorrow, today. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/spdji.What’s In It For You?
Progress is not a self-starter. It requires a catalyst to be set in motion. Information, imagination, people, technology–the right combination can unlock possibility and change the world.
Our world is in transition and getting more complex by the day. We push past expected observations and seek out new levels of understanding so that we can help companies, governments and individuals make an impact on tomorrow. At S&P Global we transform data into Essential Intelligence®, pinpointing risks and opening possibilities. We Accelerate Progress.Our People
We're more than 35,000 strong worldwide—so we're able to understand nuances while having a broad perspective. Our team is driven by curiosity and a shared belief that Essential Intelligence can help build a more prosperous future for us all.
From finding new ways to measure sustainability to analyzing energy transition across the supply chain to building workflow solutions that make it easy to tap into insight and apply it. We are changing the way people see things and empowering them to make an impact on the world we live in. We’re committed to a more equitable future and to helping our customers find new, sustainable ways of doing business. We’re constantly seeking new solutions that have progress in mind. Join us and help create the critical insights that truly make a difference.Our Values
Integrity, Discovery, Partnership
At S&P Global, we focus on Powering Global Markets. Throughout our history, the world's leading organizations have relied on us for the Essential Intelligence they need to make confident decisions about the road ahead. We start with a foundation of integrity
in all we do, bring a spirit of discovery
to our work, and collaborate in close partnership
with each other and our customers to achieve shared goals.Benefits
We take care of you, so you can take care of business. We care about our people. That’s why we provide everything you—and your career—need to thrive at S&P Global.Our Benefits Include
- Health & Wellness: Health care coverage designed for the mind and body.
- Flexible Downtime: Generous time off helps keep you energized for your time on.
- Continuous Learning: Access a wealth of resources to grow your career and learn valuable new skills.
- Invest in Your Future: Secure your financial future through competitive pay, retirement planning, a continuing education program with a company-matched student loan contribution, and financial wellness programs.
- Family Friendly Perks: It’s not just about you. S&P Global has perks for your partners and little ones, too, with some best-in class benefits for families.
- Beyond the Basics: From retail discounts to referral incentive awards—small perks can make a big difference.
For more information on benefits by country visit: https://www.spglobal.com/en/careers/our-culture/Diversity, Equity, And Inclusion At S&P Global
At S&P Global, we believe diversity fuels creative insights, equity unlocks opportunity, and inclusion drives growth and innovation – Powering Global Markets. Our commitment centers on our global workforce, ensuring that our people are empowered to bring their whole selves to work. It doesn’t stop there, we strive to better reflect and serve the communities in which we live and work, and advocate for greater opportunity for all.Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority – Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning)Job ID:
London, United Kingdom