Sunday 03 September 2023
£118,652 - £139,590
We support agile working
Job title: Head of Responsible Investments and Stewardship
Salary: £118,000 - £200,000 *depending on location & experience
Location: Edinburgh or London
Hours: Full time
Working Pattern: Our work style is hybrid, which involves spending at least two days per week, or 40% of our time, at one of our office sites.
About the role:
As Head of Responsible Investments and Stewardship you'll lead Scottish Widows’ approach to Responsible Investment and Stewardship. This involves developing the strategy, leading signature activities, heading the Responsible Investments team and representing Scottish Widows’ in a number of key industry forces and task forces.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with key colleagues and senior leaders, including at Board level and in Group, to develop our Responsible Investment and Stewardship strategy
- Own our Responsible Investment and Stewardship policies and their ongoing development in line with prevailing new practices and ensure compliance with them
- Recommending changes to funds (and the fund range more broadly) to improve their ESG credentials and work with team and wider internal colleagues towards implementation
- Work with key investment management partners to influence their fund development, stewardship and voting, and approach to exclusions
- Lead all aspects of Responsible Investment reporting - externally to UNPRI, Stewardship Code, CDP and internally to boards and committees as requested on RI results, actions and plans
- Lead, motivate and develop a team to drive individual and collective performance to meet team objectives
Why Scottish Widows?
Scottish Widows is one the largest UK fund managers with c.£152 bn (30 June 2021) of customer funds under management / administration. The customer fund range includes regulated funds, life and pension funds, external fund links and the Workplace Savings Fund Platform has also introduced a tailored blended fund service.
What you'll need:
- Experience working in the asset management or pensions industry
- A strong external network, with good relationships with fund managers and advisers, particularly in the workplace market
- Knowledge and experience of Responsible Investment and Stewardship and how to develop a responsible investment strategy to meet market which meets customer needs
- Experience of managing a small team of subject matter experts
- Ability to confidently and articulately present to senior leaders, consultants and clients
About working for us ...
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, build a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it’s why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups. We're disability confident. So if you’d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- A discretionary annual performance-related bonus
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days’ holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
If you’re excited by the thought of becoming part of our team, get in touch. We’d love an application from you.