At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
As the ESG Initiatives and Strategy Senior, you will manage Freddie Mac's Corporate Sustainability/Climate impact strategy, programs, and initiatives. You will collaborate with cross-divisional internal stakeholders to design and track progress of activities that promote corporate climate/ESG strategies across the Enterprise. You will be responsible for partnering with key stakeholders across the company and within the Corporate Sustainability Office to engage industry partners, develop concepts, and help manage the execution of new ideas.
Freddie Mac’s mission is to provide liquidity, stability, and affordability to the housing market. We interpret that mission expansively to meet the country’s broader housing needs by providing affordable, safe, sustainable and equitable housing. This includes integrating environmental, social and governance strategies into our business and operations. The Corporate Sustainability Ofﬁce is responsible for leading the implementation of the corporate sustainability strategy, including driving commitments, initiatives, and climate impact, coordinating sustainability reporting and analysis, employee education and management of ESG ratings.
As the ESG Initiatives and Strategy Senior, you will manage Freddie Mac's Corporate Sustainability/Climate impact strategy, programs, and initiatives. You will collaborate with cross-divisional internal stakeholders to design and track progress of activities that promote corporate climate/ESG strategies across the Enterprise. Additionally, you will work with the team to:
- Streamline tasks to track, measure, and report on Sustainability metrics and targets;
- Support the management of climate impact initiative strategies, goals and commitments;
- Measure, describe, and document the impact of programs and for senior leadership, the Board of Directors, the Federal Housing Finance Agency and ESG investors;
- Manage Sustainability Ofﬁce tools and resources, program planning and roadmap development;
- Research related tools and trends;
- Develop content to communicate progress to ESG Steering Committee and ESG Working members;
- Research market trends and policy to develop concepts that advance the Corporate Sustainability Strategy
- Support development of final deliverables under the supervision of the Sustainability Director
This role will also allow the individual to build knowledge of Sustainability policy, frameworks and global standards, including Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions related state policies, Science Based Target initiatives, Partnership for Carbon Accounting Foundation (PCAF), Task Force on Climate Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), International Capital Market Association (ICMA) Green and Social Bond Principles, UN Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs), and UN Principles for Responsible Investing.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of related experience within a corporate setting (ﬁnancial or real estate setting preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Familiarity with the housing market
- Positive attitude, proactive, relentlessly curious, with a passion for Sustainability and climate related topics
- Proven ability to build relationships, partner with multi-functional teams and inﬂuence others
- Able to work independently with minimal instruction
- Super-user of Microsoft Office suite
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Detail oriented, analytic, and organized utility player in a team of 5 Independent thinker, creative, and pragmatic problem solver
- Comfortable with ambiguity and can adapt quickly to shifts in strategy and addressing problems as they arise
- Strong communication (written and verbal), presentation and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work independently on a hybrid team
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
Freddie Mac offers a comprehensive total rewards package to include competitive compensation and market-leading benefit programs. Information on these benefit programs is available on our Careers site.
This position has an annualized market-based salary range of $100,000 - $150,000 and is eligible to participate in the annual incentive program. The final salary offered will generally fall within this range and is dependent on various factors including but not limited to the responsibilities of the position, experience, skill set, internal pay equity and other relevant qualifications of the applicant.