IGM Financial Inc. is a leading Canadian wealth and asset management company with $271 billion in total assets under management. Through its subsidiaries, including IG Wealth Management, Mackenzie Investments, and Investment Planning Counsel, the company offers a wide range of financial planning and investment management services to over two million Canadians. As a one-of-a-kind financial ecosystem, IGM harnesses the collective strength of all its companies to help Canadians navigate the financial world with better planning and advice, and to offer better choice of forward-thinking investment solutions.
With a strong reputation built over 50 years, Mackenzie Investments is a holistic asset-management partner for thousands of Canadian financial advisors and the investors they support.
At IGM, better isnât a destination. Itâs our way of being. Our way to better means being the best wealth and asset management firm in the industry, creating a culture that inspires us, and leads to the betterment of all. That is why we are proud to be recognized as one of Canadaâs Top Employers and Best Diversity Employers by Mediacorp Canada Inc. IGM empowers its employees with hybrid work environments where applicable and prioritizes physical and mental wellness. Joining our team means being part of a culture driven by better. A culture that challenges convention and champions progressive thinking. Celebrates initiative and entrepreneurial spirit. Embraces and cultivates unique perspectives. And doesnât just do whatâs right for today, but for a sustainable future. Because at IGM, better never stops.
Located in our Vancouver office, the Mackenzie Betterworld team is currently hiring an intern looking for a summer term position, May to August 2024. Candidates in an undergraduate program that will be returning to school after the internship to be eligible to apply.
As part of the sustainable investing solutions managed by Mackenzie Investments, the Betterworld mandates are positioned as sustainable core strategies which prioritize investing in companies with progressive ESG practices and behaviours. This means we consider how companies treat the planet and the communities they operate in because we believe that positive behaviours aligned to sustainability will be an important driver of shareholder value.
- Adhere to the teamâs disciplined and integrated investment decision making process that integrates bottom up, fundamental analysis with ESG analysis.
- Conduct fundamental research across equity sectors, to contribute well formulated investment recommendations to optimize portfolio performance and manage risk.
- Conduct ESG research to identify strengths and weakness of a companyâs policies practices, operations and performance that will directly contribute towards security selection within team mandates.
- Registered students returning to school in 2024 in a related field (BCom, BA, BSc, etc.)
- Passion for integrating sustainable investing across the investment process.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, judgment & decision-making skills
- Ability to self-motivate and prioritize time-sensitive deadlines.
To apply, please include a cover letter, a resume and transcripts (full unofficial version) by September 24, 2023 at 11:59 pm EST.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you need an accommodation or alternative format during the recruitment process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team for assistance.