As one of the world’s largest investment managers, we understand that our scale brings responsibilities. We play an active role in the companies we invest in, from exercising shareholder voting rights to directly engaging with companies at a board level. Legal & General has established itself as a leading advocate for corporate governance through a track record of action, transparency and independence .
The 24-person Investment Stewardship team has members based in London, Tokyo, Singapore and Chicago and works closely with many internal groups, including investments, product, legal and client teams.
The Investment Stewardship Analyst will be based in our Chicago office and will focus on US companies and collaborations. The primary responsibility of the position is to lead the execution of company engagements and related activities. The role reports to the Head of US Stewardship and Sustainable Investments based in Chicago.
- Contribute to the implementation of LGIMAs Corporate Governance and Responsible Investing principles through voting and engagement in US companies; engage with companies and supply supporting details to impress an understanding of LGIMA’s principles
- Execute thematic campaigns by diligently completing project plans
- Support analytics related to communication, monitoring and reporting of the proxy voting results and engagement
- Leverage internal resources to improve the quality and coordination of company engagements
- Represent LGIMA views and positions at relevant external meetings and collaborations; conduct in-depth research on specific corporate governance matters
- Maintain and promote client centric solutions-focused culture
- Display a ‘can-do’ entrepreneurial spirit
- Work collaboratively and constructively with LGIMA internal groups on a day-to-day basis. In particular, work closely with the London Corporate Governance team.
- Engage with relevant local and global teams to help improve the tracking of engagement develop infrastructure around data sources, models, internal databases and tools / systems that will be integral to meet client’s ESG objectives both from a governance and investment perspective.
- Work with other internal teams, including Investments, Sales, Client Strategy and Product
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Personality to deal with sensitive and contentious decisions
- Highly proficient at Microsoft suite and self-driven attitude to learn new systems (e.g. salesforce, Bloomberg)
- Ability to lead and contribute to global collaborative projects
- Passionate about environmental, social and governance topics is preferred
- Interest in evaluating national public policies and their relevance to environmental, social, and governance issues
- 0-3 years of investment management experience is preferred
- Bachelor degree required
As an EOE employer, Legal & General Investment Management America will extend equal opportunity to all employees
and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry,
national origin, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, and/or any
other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. (2020)