Requisition ID: 184748
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Jarislowsky Fraser – Research Internship/Co-Op – Winter, Summer, or Fall 2024
Jarislowsky, Fraser Limited is an investment management firm with over 60 years of experience conducting fundamental research and managing assets for pension funds, foundations and endowments, corporations and individuals in Canada and internationally — representing more than CA$59 billion in assets under management. Our history and culture are rooted in investment stewardship that is expressed through an adherence to quality investing consistent with our long-standing investment philosophy and the advancement of good governance and sustainable investing. Acting in the best interests of our clients is the cornerstone of everything we do. Headquartered in Montreal, we have offices in Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver.
Is this role right for you?
Contributes to the overall success of the Research team in Toronto ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
During your internship you will join a dynamic team, working alongside highly trained professional analysts and portfolio managers. We are looking for someone with related area of study (finance, portfolio management, and accounting) in their 3rd year or last year of a university program. Successful candidates will have a demonstrated passion for investing.
In This Role, You Will
- Work with various Research Analysts performing fundamental research and ad hoc projects. Projects may include general research, data organization, financial modeling, valuation, report writing, presentations and/or management team interviews.
- Understands how JFL’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with the firm’s Values, its Code of Conduct, and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champion a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment
– We’d Love To Work With You If
Do you have the skills and requirements that will enable you to succeed in this role.
- You are currently enrolled in post-secondary education with a focus in business administration, finance, economics or other related field.
- Member of the investment program within their school considered an asset.
- Students with top grades and standing GPA considered an asset
- Passion for investing
- Interest in ESG and sustainable investing
- Analytical and accounting skills.
- Knowledge of financial modeling.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Organized with attention to details
How do I apply?
Please Complete All Three Steps Below
- Complete your PLUM Profile here and save as a screenshot.
- Complete a short one-way video interview here.
- Apply to the role and when the application asks for your resume, instead upload the screenshot of your PLUM Profile.
- Jarislowsky, Fraser Limited is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact the Human Resources Department to make your needs known in advance. We welcome all applications and wish to thank all candidates for their interest in applying for this position. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.Application Deadline: 09/22/2023
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets. Jarislowsky, Fraser Limited (“JFL”) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Bank of Nova Scotia (“Scotiabank”) and operates as a distinct business division. JFL manages the portfolios of pension funds, foundations and endowments, corporations and high-net-worth individuals in Canada and internationally.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.