City: Guelph, ON / Montréal, QC / Regina, SK / Toronto, ON
Status: Permanent, Full-time
Who we are
Addenda Capital is a privately-owned investment management firm that favours a sustainable approach to wealth creation. The company offers a stimulating, positive and open-minded environment where integrity, collaboration and diversity is valued. Addenda integrates ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) factors into all its investment and stewardship activities to enhance its clients long-term performance and to promote sustainable development for society.
What Is the Opportunity
Reporting to the Senior Director of Sustainable Investing, the incumbent will be part of the Sustainable Investing Team, responsible for executing on a holistic approach to Addenda’s four pillars of sustainable investing, namely the integration of ESG factors into investment decisions, corporate stewardship, impact and value-driven investment solutions, and the promotion of sustainable capital markets.
What You Will do
- You assist with proxy voting by analyzing ballot items and related materials to ensure that votes are performed in compliance with our Proxy Voting Guidelines;
- You conduct research to help prepare for stewardship and corporate engagement meetings and participate in select meetings and track engagement outcome progress;
- You support Addenda’s work in promoting Sustainable Financial Markets including participation in various working groups such as Climate Engagement Canada and Climate Action 100+;
- You assist with internal and external stakeholder reporting on engagement activities and progress.
Data Analysis and Reporting:
- You collaborate with team members to support annual, quarterly and ad-hoc Sustainable Investing reporting, such as conducting carbon footprint assessments, climate transition or impact and Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) alignment analysis;
- You perform climate and ESG analysis on large datasets and support projects that improve ESG data management;
Impact and Climate Change:
- You verify the qualification of securities for inclusion into our impact fixed income and climate transition strategies;
- You conduct research on Addenda’s four impact themes of: Climate Change, Community Development, Education, and Health and Wellness;
- You support Addenda’s research on developments and best practices related to Reconciliation and Indigenous Rights;
What you will need to succeed
Experience and Knowledge
- You have a strong interest in sustainability stewardship including in proxy voting and active engagement practices;
- You possess a broad understanding of sustainability and impact investing frameworks including SASB and TCFD;
- You have one (1) to three (3) years of relevant experience in either investment management, sustainability, diversity, human rights and/or community development fields;
- You have a degree or training in business, economics and/or public policy with a focus on sustainability/community development or ESG topics;
- Experience in the following areas are differentiators:
- An interest and knowledge of reconciliation and indigenous rights issues in Canada;
- Fluency in French;
- Familiarity with sustainable finance software such as Bloomberg, MSCI ESG, Sustainalytics and ISS;
- CFA Institute certification (e.g. ESG, Climate or working toward Charter).
Skills and Abilities
- You possess advanced excel skills and strong data and database management capabilities;
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- You are a proficient researcher;
- You have strong organizational skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects;
- You are comfortable working in a dynamic, quick-paced environment;
- You are a self-starter with an inquisitive mindset.