Challenger Limited is an ASX-listed investment management firm managing $105 billion in assets (as at 30 June 2023). Life with us is fast moving and always exciting. Together we’re driving to deliver our vision to provide our customers with financial security for a better retirement.
We achieve this goal by providing a work environment where people from diverse backgrounds, with a range of skills and experiences can contribute and succeed.
If you are passionate about ESG and want to make a positive impact within an organisation we are eager to hear from you. Change is not just inevitable; it is vital, and this role will play a crucial part in navigating this rapidly changing market.
The Junior ESG Analyst will support the Senior ESG Specialist to provide consulting support to the inhouse and affiliate investment teams. Together, the ESG team will be providing guidance on ESG regulatory reporting requirements, support the investment teams when responding to client queries and requests, and maximise the opportunities for future commercial success.
This role will also assist the Challenger Group Sustainability team from time to time with any Group wide sustainability initiatives. The role requires someone with a keen interest in ESG and Sustainability combined with a relevant finance-based background to assist in understanding key investment management concepts and drivers that deliver commercial success.
Challenger/Fidante operates a matrix organisational structure. This role needs to work collaboratively with many other functional teams in the business and importantly, work with other functional teams to achieve Fidante’s and individual boutique business’ goals, whether there is a direct reporting line in place or not.Role Responsibilities:
- Build strong and trusted relationships with Challenger corporate sustainability, distribution, product, and marketing team members to leverage each team’s capabilities. Work collaboratively to ensure results are delivered appropriately for the affiliates and in house teams, in line with strategic plans.
- Support the Senior ESG Specialist in developing training content for ESG and Sustainability training sessions and presentations across the in house and affiliate investment teams, internal and external stakeholders.
- Engage in research projects that will result in written reports and white papers that can contribute to client retention and growth. Draft materials as needed.
- Engage in group wide ESG and sustainability projects to support the group in its broader sustainability goals. Draft materials and respond to reporting requirements as needed e.g. PRI Reporting.
- Engage in and support the Senior ESG Specialist in the review, update, and development of the ESG, Engagement and Sustainability Policies, to ensure the policies meet current regulatory requirements and client, consultant and research house expectations.
- Assist in preparing Board papers and materials for the Challenger ESG Committee, Responsible Entity, Challenger and affiliate boards as needed on the integration of ESG across the internal and affiliate investment portfolios and to articulate key risks and opportunities for the Group.
- Work with selected in house and affiliate investment teams to produce/review portfolio analytics emissions exposures, portfolio characteristics and stewardship in order to develop client and consultant presentation material necessary to communicate philosophy, process and performance effectively.
- Coordinate and contribute to projects with ESG data providers, Group finance and other operational areas to ensure ESG analytics are available for the manager and the client service team to assist in regulatory and client demands.
We value inclusion and diversity of thought, promote flexible working practices so our people can integrate their work and personal lives, and are proud to be a Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
- Strong knowledge of investment processes, trading techniques and financial markets.
- Strong knowledge of asset management product structures, operating requirements and disclosure issues.
- Demonstrated experience in or understanding of environmental, social, and corporate governance issues in the context of institutional investment
- At least 2 years industry experience, preferably as a junior analyst, asset consultant or investment specialist.
- Degree qualified in Business, Finance or Legal - further studies advantageous
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and having been a trusted business partner.
We believe in bringing your authentic self and a belonging in our culture. We are prideful in participating in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) as a national benchmark on LGBTQ+ workplace inclusion and best practice in Australia. We offer the opportunity for a broad career experience and value people who are inquisitive and rigorous and are driven to make a difference.
PermanentPosting Close Date :