We are seeking an entry-level consultant with interest and exposure to at least one of the three following domains: climate change, sustainable finance and circular economy. The consultant joining our team will have the opportunity to work directly with clients to drive environmental impact, while developing his/her sustainability expertise and consulting skills.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to continue your professional development in an open, collaborative and empowering culture, committed to having a positive impact on people and nature? Ramboll goes all-in on sustainability and wants to be the trusted partner for sustainable change.
You will join our growing Strategic Sustainability Consulting division in Ramboll Management Consulting. As a junior consultant, you will work on various sustainability related topics with diverse global clients across a range of industries. You will have a variety of client-facing responsibilities such as analysing data, interviewing client stakeholders, formulating and presenting recommendations, and helping clients implement proposed solutions.
You will join our Strategic Sustainability Consulting division in Belgium
You will be part of a dynamic and growing department with a high professional drive and strong collaborative spirit. Our multidisciplinary team works across various sustainability domains including Climate, Energy, Environment, Water, Transport, Buildings, Sustainable Cities, and Just transition. We provide consultancy services to the public and non-profit sector, utilities, infrastructure, and real estate. Based in Brussels, we work closely with the EU institutions, and we are the forefront of international efforts to fight climate change and resource depletion.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Partnering with peers and across the Ramboll Management Consulting team to share your skills and insights to execute client engagements and provide them with strategic guidance
- Supporting client in defining their sustainability strategies (low carbon, circular economy, etc.) by conducting research, benchmarking, client interviews, and data analysis and by helping them defining their ambitions, targets, and roadmaps
- Building financial analyses to assess sustainability-related business opportunities such as implementation of new sustainable business models or the definition of sustainability driven go-to-market strategies
- Analysing trends and developments in the EU sustainability landscape, including policies and regulation (EU Taxonomy, CSRD, EPBD, etc.), financial instruments, technologies, and global voluntary reporting frameworks (SBTI, GRESB, TCFD, etc.)
- Developing clear and concise slide decks to communicate project outputs, research findings and analytics, and recommendations
- Facing client, holding workshops and presentations and developing collaborative and long-lasting client relationships
- Supporting project proposals including client and peer research, framing proposed approaches and gathering qualifications and team resumes
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development to enable your growth with the company and in the fast-evolving field of sustainability. For this role, we believe your starting point will be a mix of some, if not all, of the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in business, economics, environmental sciences, sustainability studies or similar
- 1 to 2 years of experience in consulting, strategy, project/program management, finance, economics, and/or sustainability
- Strong interest in sustainability related topics and ESG
- Self-assured critical thinker, able to quickly understand the basics of a topic and distil down complex ideas into digestible narratives
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to work both collaboratively and independently in a remote environment
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to develop executive level presentations, with details, logic, and content tailored to the appropriate audience
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work streams in a fast-paced environment while maintaining outstanding attention to detail and quality of deliverables
- Experience/comfort with working on a virtual team with stakeholders across geographies
- Excellent proficiency in MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent command of English, both written and oral; fluency in at least French or Dutch
- Willingness to travel on a limited basis, as needed
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include an entrepreneurial mindset, comfort with ambiguity, and passion for delivering solutions for greater environmental and societal impact.
How to apply Apply online. Attach your resume and cover letter showcasing why you are the right fit for the role. We look forward to receiving your application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.