Advisian is the independent consulting business line of WorleyParsons providing solutions for clients in the Hydrocarbons, Minerals & Metals, Chemicals and Infrastructure industries. We have combined the deep technical consulting capabilities of WorleyParsons Consulting, Select and INTECSEA with our existing strategy and management consulting expertise. As part of one of the world’s largest engineering firms, we continue to push boundaries and extend our capabilities globally. WorleyParsons is a company that prides itself on providing safe and high-quality services that exceed our customer’s expectations, which is why we manage some of the world's leading projects. Our aim is to recruit, develop, and most importantly, retain the people who share our vision and strategy.
Overall Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Work with Advisian Service Lines to provide low-carbon consulting services to clients across all phases of an engagement including: strategic and corporate advisory, due diligence engagements, option and feasibility assessments, asset reviews and benchmarking, gap analysis, business case development, solution identification, justification, prioritisation, ranking, implementation and close out
- Support business development activities and within a 'seller-doer' model on consulting engagements of various sizes
- Liaise with peers within global offices and contribute to intellectual capital including development of tools (benchmarking, processes, etc.), methodologies, publications & conference presentations at international events, studies and industry insights; Liaise with peers within global offices
- Identify new opportunities and leads that will support the growth of the business including sustainable revenue growth and gross margin
- Ability to work under time critical engagements
- Comfortable multitasking and managing multiple responsibilities; and
- Team-focused attitude
Your role will include
- Client and Partner engagement to support low carbon strategy development based on quantitative approaches including ISO compliant life cycle analysis (LCA) modelling, decision / economic modelling and carbon policy/accounting for accreditation and disclosure
- Strategic research into decarbonization, circular economy frameworks and sustainability of products and assets including market positioning of low carbon/green products, decarbonization and carbon policy/accreditation/finance, energy transition, use and reuse of products, climate change resilience and risk management
- Development of risk and opportunity Decision Frameworks which consider: the full value of resources and assets based on integrated Capital(s) Assessment (i.e., natural, social, human, produced, as relevant); circular economy, sustainable use and re-use of resources; and associated ecosystem services and beneficiaries
- Alignment of client sustainability and decarbonization objectives with achievable roadmap planning and integration into development (i.e., design, engineering, construction, operations and closure)General presentation and material development
- Represent Advisian at conferences, industry events, client meetings etc.
All our work is grounded in rigorous analysis and informed by engineering, commercial, stakeholder, policy, and governance perspectives.
Some travel should be expected on an agreed upon basis.
- Takes ownership for project success: delivery of target quality, cost management and customer satisfaction
- Uses technical and economic developments to grow services; actively manages and shares this knowledge
- Confidence to work at all levels of a client organization (Board to Technician).
- Strong self-starter, entrepreneurial mindset and motivated
- Excellent communication skills including ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, produce concise reports and presentations appropriate for all levels (from project management to C-level)
- Leverages and helps develop the diverse background and skills of people for the attainment of company goals
- Identifies gaps in and builds an environment which has readily accessible knowledge and continuous learning
- Detail orientated with significant sustainability, economic and decision modelling experience
- Critical thinking, analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Able to translate customer needs and strategies into project definition with objectives and constraints
- Supports a continuous improvement culture and identifies gaps, develops work processes, tools and methodologies to drive productivity and growth
- 0-5 years of experience in a consulting role, selling and delivering decarbonization and sustainability solutions
- Experience with economic modeling and finance
- Experience with the specifics of GHG Policy, development of ISO compliant Life Cycle Analysis
- Advanced degree (e.g. BComm/BSc/MSc/MBA/PhD/CA/CFA) or equivalent in relevant discipline
- Experience with either Management Consulting or ‘Big 4’ Transaction Services would be beneficial
Advisian (part of the WorleyParsons Group) offers an excellent remuneration & benefits package, a friendly, professional, dynamic and flexible work environment along with the opportunity to develop your career prospects within Canada and overseas.
We strive to be an industry leader in health, safety and environmental performance. Our vision is to achieve zero harm to people and assets, and zero environmental incidents. We select people who share our values, beliefs and commitment to this vision and who demonstrate the expected behaviours, competencies and performance associated with their prospective roles within the company.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Advisian (part of the WorleyParsons Group) is an equal opportunity employer. |